DWR Multi Season Elk Survey

How'd You do on your Hunt Robb?

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-19 AT 12:07PM (MST)[p]Very simple survey.
Did you hunt archery? How many days? What units? Did you harvest?
Did you hunt rifle? How many days? What units? Did you harvest?
Did you hunt muzzleloader? How many days? What units? Did you harvest?
How satisfied were you?

That was pretty much it. I wish they would have asked for a estimate on how many elk you saw, etc.

I haven't seen or taken the survey but it looks like they didn't ask how many elk you wounded. Correct me if it does.I wish they would. I spoke with four people that each wounded two elk in archery season. They also ended up harvesting a bull in the rifle or muzzy. I don't talk to a lot of people either. They came to me. I'm not saying wounding an elk doesn't happen. I've done so myself. But... that's potentially 8 elk that won't be accounted for. I'm sure at least 4 of them died after hearing the story. Two of the others were just terrible shots at long range with a bow. 90 yards quartering to the shooter. The other moving. Just stupid shots and they continue to do them. I think knowing you have three seasons prevents (some) hunters from caring or searching too much for a wounded animal. As long as they get some arrows in the air it's a win.
What scares me is how many elk are wounded and actually die statewide?

I sent some text pix out of my bull Chris and then I got my cow with my muzzy, you know where I was hunting!

The survey did ask on each weapon season (bow, rifle or muzzy) questions if you wounded but didn't recover.

Robb

I haven't seen or taken the survey but it looks like they didn't ask how many elk you wounded. Correct me if it does.I wish they would. I spoke with four people that each wounded two elk in archery season. They also ended up harvesting a bull in the rifle or muzzy. I don't talk to a lot of people either. They came to me. I'm not saying wounding an elk doesn't happen. I've done so myself. But... that's potentially 8 elk that won't be accounted for. I'm sure at least 4 of them died after hearing the story. Two of the others were just terrible shots at long range with a bow. 90 yards quartering to the shooter. The other moving. Just stupid shots and they continue to do them. I think knowing you have three seasons prevents (some) hunters from caring or searching too much for a wounded animal. As long as they get some arrows in the air it's a win.
What scares me is how many elk are wounded and actually die statewide?
Man that is just crazy some people just shouldn't be allowed to even bow hunt. No ethics at all and they probley don't even practice but maybe 2 times a year if you ask them. I met a guy who was archery elk hunting and he went on to tell me how he had a lost a bull. And i Then the guy went on to tell me how he didn't have a good shot so he purposely shot the bull in the shoulder, i thought wow what kind of bow hunter would try to shoot and elk in the shoulder with a bow intentionally . No ethics at all now days.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom