E-bike vs ATV

Ynothunt41

I should be able to draw a 3rd season Deer tag in Gunnison this year. I have a ATV and I am thinking about getting a E-bike (for more than just this hunt). If you guys had both options would you take the bike, ATV, both or neither? Thanks for the advise.

Until the FS and BLM allows E-bikes on trails not open to ATV’s, IMO there is no advantage to using an E-bike other than its‘ near silent operation.

An E-bike might merit some consideration during archery or early seasons, but for a third season hunt in November with snow laden or muddy two tracks and a pack heavy with cold weather gear I personally don’t see any advantage over your ATV...

Horniac

Would some company please develop a manual hybrid atv ??? I want an atv that I can switch to electric mode to move super quite for a limited time and then switch back to a gas powered motor to have reliable power and charge the battery so its available once I need stealth mode again.....can't believe thats not yet been produced...mega bucks for the Yamaha/ Honda producer who does that first .

Would some company please develop a manual hybrid atv ??? I want an atv that I can switch to electric mode to move super quite for a limited time and then switch back to a gas powered motor to have reliable power and charge the battery so its available once I need stealth mode again.....can't believe thats not yet been produced...mega bucks for the Yamaha/ Honda producer who does that first .
Put it in neutral. ;)

Good idea. Weight may be the limiting factor.

Well the neutral idea would only work if I started each day out at the top of the mountain. Lol. With regard to weight ? Tesla runs a 3000 lb car on a quite battery. An atv as I described would make the manufacturer a ton of money.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom