E-mails

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
I am worst than a little kid waiting to find out which OIL tag I drew. Anyone getting e-mails yet? Do you think they will post results online or send out e-mails first.
Thanks
Bill

thank check e-mail Wasatch Mtns multiseason limited entrty any bull elk Aug- Nov wow never would think i would get a tag like this Any help

Email confirms that my brother and I were unsuccessful 14 times! Combined we have something like 130 unsuccessful individual applications since our last tag. You would have to be a fool to start at zero in Utah as a NR unless you are 12 and/or simply have too much money. It is very possible/probable that someone starting at zero could apply for 30 years and never draw even a decent LE tag for any species. I have drawn two pretty solid tags over my 13 years of applying so I cannot complain (too much) but it is very possible I will never draw another tag assuming I live another 20 or so years. Point creep always seems to keep the decent tags about three years out of reach. Congrats to the lucky few that drew tags.

Got mine today, now I’m up to 20 points, thought I had a chance at bookcliffs south rifle this year. Oh well maybe next year, congratulations to all the successful ones.

Jody

Email confirms that my brother and I were unsuccessful 14 times! Combined we have something like 130 unsuccessful individual applications since our last tag. You would have to be a fool to start at zero in Utah as a NR unless you are 12 and/or simply have too much money. It is very possible/probable that someone starting at zero could apply for 30 years and never draw even a decent LE tag for any species. I have drawn two pretty solid tags over my 13 years of applying so I cannot complain (too much) but it is very possible I will never draw another tag assuming I live another 20 or so years. Point creep always seems to keep the decent tags about three years out of reach. Congrats to the lucky few that drew tags.
Thats why you need a general area for general tags.
Learn it and you will be hunting more offen..but you know this already..

Yep, out of six in the family I put into the application process. We recieved one muzzy and one archery general season deer tags.

22 unsuccessful's. ?

Got my email.
I am going sheep hunting.
Found jack creek, flat canyon, Rick house canyon, etc. I can not find Gray Canyon. Anyone know where Gray Canyon is compared to the ones listed above?
44483F1C-B0F5-43A0-AE90-AC7BA493F189.png

Got my email.
I am going sheep hunting.
Found jack creek, flat canyon, Rick house canyon, etc. I can not find Gray Canyon. Anyone know where Gray Canyon is compared to the ones listed above?
View attachment 6808
Gray canyon is probably further south down river of Jack, rock. I had the tag in 2010 when it was all one unit. Hunted jack and killed a good ram

Dryboot, thanks
I must of been blinded by disbelief of drawing. Found it right on my map south of the areas I mentioned.

6 NR points and I didn't draw Pine Valley general archery? what gives???
I have a buddy that applied for that hunt as well with over 2 (point shared) points and in the past has drawn it with 1 or more points he actually drew In 2018 with 1 point and didn’t this year so it must have really point creeped. I can’t imagine it point creeping from a 1-2 point draw to over 6 though.

BradA
I drew with 11 NR points. Think it was like 1 in 4,000 plus odds. Got very lucky. Only wish I could of had this tag when I was in my 20’s or 30’s.
Bill

*********************************************************************************************************

SUCCESSFUL: Limited Entry Archery Buck Deer

Hunt: Book Cliffs
Weapon: Archery
Your season date(s): Aug 15 - Sept 11, 2020

*********************************************************************************************************

I got charged for $285 for Utah Big Game Permit, but I never got an email? I’m sure this is my limited entry elk permit. Has anyone else had this problem?

BradA
I drew with 11 NR points. Think it was like 1 in 4,000 plus odds. Got very lucky. Only wish I could of had this tag when I was in my 20’s or 30’s.
Bill
Wow those are always the best stories to hear specially for a guy like myself late in the game hoping for luck. How old are you if you don’t mind me asking?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom