Earlier then ever!

BUGLEnmIN

Very Active Member
1435320190331230955.jpg

Hope you drew! If not dont ruin it for everyone who did ! If you catch my drift!?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-19 AT 03:14PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-19 AT 03:12?PM (MST)

April fools joke using the official NMDGF Bears head and info center 800 number??? Hmmmm, well ok ....Not so smart

LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-19 AT 04:13PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-19
>AT 03:14?PM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-19
>AT 03:12?PM (MST)

>
>April fools joke using the official
>NMDGF Bears head and info
>center 800 number??? Hmmmm,
>well ok ....Not so smart
>

Tell that to the guys on FB who made it..
Just make sure before you take my word for it you can prove it?

I felt bad about hurting everyone else's opportunities and chances and went in and deleted all my applications...

Ya know , the NM Game Dept HAS NEVER been consistent in anything they do why would this draw be any different....I called in December and was told the 2019 regs would be online the end of Dec early Jan...the books would be ready early January....Well they opened the draw around Jan14 but the books were not in and OR ONLINE..I nfact the books didn't get to the G&F OFFICES UNTIL THE LAST COUPLE DAYS OF January....The early Feb turkey draw closed before the books even got out to Walmart and sporting goods stores! again late book were getting out....Then every year for the last few years they release a week or days early....SO WHY WOULD THIS YEAR BE ANY DIFFERENT??? Early results are a sure thing , and late online and printed proclamations to the public....BANK IT!!!

Another example of the same story~ April 1 was the first day of the 2019 fishing season , but has ANYONE SEEN A 2019 PRINTED BOOK ?Anywhere??? Nope....Called today and was told they are soon to be arriving at stores....The game dept does do alot of great work but consistent THEY ARE NOT....

>Another example of the same story~
>April 1 was the first
>day of the 2019 fishing
>season , but has ANYONE
>SEEN A 2019 PRINTED BOOK
>?Anywhere??? Nope....Called today and was
>told they are soon to
>be arriving at stores....The game
>dept does do alot of
>great work but consistent THEY
>ARE NOT....

Well could be worse. You could live in California. And apparently you don't need a book because you have the internet. Quit crying.

tomvern , not crying , pointing out some things that are lacking from the dept.My dad and grandfather do not use internet or computers, and theres hundreds of folks like them that rely on printed material....It the dates become active but there are not any printed documents for the changing year , well that can be a problem...And if you don't see that well then your just foolish...

You didn't specify which printed copy and those without internet are a very small population these days.

Sorry, that's just the way it is...

roadrunner Im not here to argue this out or bash on game /fish....I stated a problem they have , tho they don't have many problems and do a great job they do have some and this one is a serious issue...Yes your correct in a small population not having internet, but there are many smaller communities with a lot of active hunters who do not use computers.... The printed hand books are very good and you yourself cannot tell me you didn't run out and get them and probably carry one around...The books are very nice to have and you know this and even if there are few(still in the thousands ) that don't use internet , well those people are customers too who have the same privilege to fish and hunt the outdoors of NM...My grandfather is third generation cattle rancher ,producing beef for thousands of families....Theres very few ranchers yet they are important as all as they raise beef and provide for thousands upon thousands of families...many of those beef operations are managed with cowboys that they do nothing but "cowboy" don't use computers as they do not have much use...But they hunt and fish ....they need information that can be had separate of internet channels....But what ever right ....Soap box outdoorsman know it all know it best!!

DoeNob~ No not every one...Many of the ranch hands do not and there isn't always cell service on these ranches...The ranch I hunted in 2018 was 31000 acres with no cell service , his ranch hands carried very strong radios...Not everyone lives in the city or around cities or has internet or even cell phones...on OUR RANCH, only Verizon works, many people have other proveiders as Verizon is a harder one to have service with....This really isn't the issue tho , wouldn't you agree ? Read all the posts on this thread , its not rocket science , in fact simple still works out so much better at times for certain things...

Just making a statement Looser. Wasn't playing down anyone's livelihood as I did not know until you brought it up.

Yes, I carry and read printed versions for refernece but I do not rely on them. Think I mentioned that earlier on when I said have had printed versions for some time now.

But, how do non computer users put in for a hunt since there are no paper apps?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-19 AT 02:35PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-19 AT 02:29?PM (MST)

You can call in your apps at the 888 number listed above AND IT S LITERALLY ON EVERY SINGLE PAGE OF THE PRINTED BOOKS AT THE TOP OF EVERY PAGE....Game office has a division for taking phone applications over the phone as they are aware not every one can use or has access to internet/computer....
roadrunner I did not take it as you playing anyones lively-hood, I was making a point of printed material being out late , both hunt and fish VERY LATE, and you responded that you had them for some time, at which I said not the fishing as no one has them yet...Listen Im not trying to argue with anyone Im simply stating the fact that some things are very inconsistent in the FISH AND GAME....I said I truly believe there is alot of good work but they can always improve and i feel , my personal opinion is the department doesn't' pay as much attention to the hunter/fisherman that does not have computer,internet,smart phone etc...And yes there is still many of those customers...Everyone here obviously has pc knowledge to some extent but like I said there are still many who don't for many many reasons good bad or indifferent...

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-19 AT 03:27PM (MST)[p]Do they ride into town for supplies on covered wagon? LOL
Just messing but I would bet that the percentage of people calling in Apps is like 1.657%

Every time I have stopped by NMDGF office for whatever reason prior to a draw deadline I've been astonished how many people are there either working with staff directly or on the public computers entering their applications.

Mind boggling in this day and age where many of us assume that "everyone" goes online from home or office to apply.

I know quit a few people that don't have internet.

I help 3 family members apply that don't have internet.

>I have a confession to make.
>I'm one of "those" people
>that don't have internet....

Oh the irony hurts so bad.

>>I have a confession to make.
>>I'm one of "those" people
>>that don't have internet....
>
>
>Oh the irony hurts so bad.
>

Is the internet made of iron?

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-19
>AT 03:27?PM (MST)

>
>Do they ride into town for
>supplies on covered wagon? LOL
>
>Just messing but I would bet
>that the percentage of people
>calling in Apps is like
>1.657%

##### I think that's better odds than every tag I put in for!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom