Early or Late archery tag

Z

Which would you want and why? I am trying to decide which to put in for between the two.

I wouldn't pass up a late rut tag if it came along, but I prefer hunting a buck I can watch and know he's going to try and find shade to bed so I can put a stalk on him eventually.Late hunts there on the move they have a bunch of does around hard to pin them down.

Specifically, area 10. We hunted the muzzy and late rifle season last year...just wondering if the late archery tag would be more productive than an August hunt.

I have hunted the ruby archery before in August and we would see 20 to 30 bucks a day you can't be much more productive than that, I'm sure half the bucks we seen were dead by the time the late archery season would be around.

Hunted 101-108 back in 07 great hunt you will see lots of bucks maybe up to 40 per day. But there are lots of eyes and somewhat fairly rough country to make stalk. By rough I mean kinda open with the number of deer that show up there during the rut it's hard to get by all them eyes and noses, but if you stay after you can make it work I had stock opportunities several times a day.

I think early is better. You can find them easier and they likely will still be around the same area. The good areas are hard to draw. Are you res. or non.? How many pts? what class of buck?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-13 AT 01:32PM (MST)[p]>I think early is better. You
>can find them easier and
>they likely will still be
>around the same area. The
>good areas are hard to
>draw. Are you res. or
>non.? How many pts? what
>class of buck?

Res, 0 points. Not too bad of drawing odds :) I have draw ml tags the past two years in a row.

Early with a bow. 1st one in the field gets 'em before they're educated. So many does around during late hunts that ruin stalks IMO and you could get bad weather.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-05-13 AT 09:34PM (MST)[p]The bucks are concentrated early and many are up high and near water, in the late season the bucks are rutting and moving, the does that lead them around are more wary than bucks are.

Long hair,hard horned, short hair, velvet, hot weather, cold weather, hunting up high, hunting down low, its up to you.

The only things are I would guess that your chances at seeing a really big buck might be better late, and area 10 has more private land down low

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom