Early Rifle 22 South Bull

U

utaz

My 12 year daughter drew this tag this year. She is really stoked and so am I for her. It's her first Elk hunt and has tagged a long with me for almost 7 years. Has anyone had any success in this unit and could share a photo or two of their bulls? Any pointers regarding this hunt?

I drew a muzzy tag for 22 south. (sept. 27- oct. 3) I knew there was a early rifle bull hunt in 22 north but didn't think there was one in 22 south. When is your daughter's season? I'll help if I can.
Hoopscoach

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

It's actually later on Nov 29th. I thought there was an early and late 22 South Bull rifle about a week apart. Any help or expectations would be great. Or at least some photos of Elk shot in that area. Thanks!

That's 2 youth with tags on that hunt - my 13 year old son has his first elk tag on the rifle hunt also! Should be fun!

Big10AZ, I'm sure your son is as stoked as my daughter. I hope I don't disappoint her as her guide:) I'd love to see pics from others that have had success in that unit. I know it's rugged. Today we passed a bronze 6X6 elk and she told my other kids that she was going to hopefully shoot one like that. High expectations!!! We have a great time no matter what, but I'd sure like to give her an opportunity to make a shot.

Here is a photo of my 2009 early muzzy bull. He was a little busted up but I wasn't being too picky. I can't wait until September when I get to chase them around again!
Hoopscoach

IMG_0624.jpg

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-13 AT 09:12AM (MST)[p]That is a great bull congrats. Hope to see some this year in 22N. That is the tag I have. Congrats again.

Kurt

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom