Ease of Hunts

joesikora

Long Time Member
I know this is just wishful thinking but I want to donate a few $5 chances for the Expo Permits. I did have a question though say I win The Monroe early Elk Hunt with me being down how can I be more mobile to get in the places the animals are? I hate to win a great tag and end up wasting it!

Thanks Joe

Being 'down'..? We may need more info than that. Id put in for a unit with roads and plan on hunting from your vehicle (not shooting from it)...

Dude you are looking at this way too optimistically. You won’t draw.

if by some miracle you did and aren’t healthy enough to hunt the tag, I think you can get a statement from a doctor explaining your illness/issues and they can extend your tag to the following season.

Being 'down'..? We may need more info than that. Id put in for a unit with roads and plan on hunting from your vehicle (not shooting from it)...
Oh my bad! I just had a cervical fusion from C2-T2 and it’s cases me loss of leg strength etc. Would riding a horse be an option in some or almost all the areas. I would think 4wheelers would be too noisy?

thanks Joe

Last edited:
Dude you are looking at this way too optimistically. You won’t draw.

if by some miracle you did and aren’t healthy enough to hunt the tag, I think you can get a statement from a doctor explaining your illness/issues and they can extend your tag to the following season.
True True! LOL!
Although I drew 5 Tags. I repeat 5 Tags for elk and deer in 4 years in NM. I just drew an AZ early rifle elk tag in 22 north in 2019 with only 9 points and it was my second choice the guys on here were telling me that was unheard of! So Yeah Call Me Lucky!
Hey somebody has to win why not you or me? There is only one reason I didn’t win that $1 Billion lottery “I didn’t buy a Chance!

Take a Chance

Joe

On your dream unit the access doesn't get much better. Roads and atv trails all over. Add in a horse and you are in pretty good shape.

We cut up a friends bull listening to the jake brake from the logging trucks a couple of hundred yards away.

There is a reason it is so popular and not just because of good bulls.

I don't think you have to worry about the early Monroe elk hunt. Unless I missed something there's not raffle ticket for that hunt available. Some other darn good ones though! Good Luck

HH7

Joe
If you draw an early Monroe, you won't need to hike much to get a good bull. You have had your share of luck in the past. Keep it up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom