east chalk creek/morgan/south rich Zone

L

lovelan9

Hi everyone,

I am new to this hunt zone this year as well. I purchases land up on n evergreen rd in Huntsville so we put in for this zone to get to know it. We have done lots of research but have only been able to find moose and a few elk all on private lands of course. Saw 1 buck on private land. We have seen a whole lot of doe near our property but we need to get away from that area being that it is mostly private. Any ideas on where to go? or tips for the area?

I didn't know there was any public land in that area that is "huntable"..?? I thought only big landowners or those that have permission to hunt the private land put in for those tags..??

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

You can not hunt near evergreen park I have land there. If you go to causey that is Causey estates it is private and you have to own land there to hunt. Sunrise ranch own most of the private land towards the end of evergreen park. There is Middle Fork WMA that is open to public with elk, deer and moose. It is in Huntsville.

You can not hunt near evergreen park I have land there. If you go to causey that is Causey estates it is private and you have to own land there to hunt. Sunrise ranch own most of the private land towards the end of evergreen park. There is Middle Fork WMA that is open to public with elk, deer and moose. It is in Huntsville.

Evergreen and everything on that side of the road until you get to ant flat, is not part of the Morgan South Rich Unit. That's the Ogden Unit, you can only hunt on the Causey side of the road.

I know it's already been said several times, but your property is NOT in the same zone your tag is for. You need to be on the other side of the highway. Your property is in the "Ogden" unit. Sounds like you didn't really do as much research as you said you did.

As far as places to hunt, you can hunt the National forest up the highway on the opposite side of the highway from your property. That's really your only option unless you want to drive over to the Morgan area and hunt the WMAs. You can also hunt up on the wasatch front (Farmington/Bountiful). There are some roads up on top that lots of people hunt off up there.

Please review the boundaries of our hunt unit very closely, and do not make the mistake of trying to hunt anything near your property. It's ALL private, and it's all in the wrong hunt zone as well.

I have done tons of research. I own property to build a house on I know it is not in the hunt zone. I was never planning on hunting in evergreen. My plan is to go down to the wma down near henefer echo area. I have gotten our walk in access codes. Has anyone been out and explored the wildlife management areas?

>I have done tons of research.
>I own property to build
>a house on I know
>it is not in the
>hunt zone. I was never
>planning on hunting in evergreen.
>My plan is to go
>down to the wma down
>near henefer echo area. I
>have gotten our walk in
>access codes. Has anyone
>been out and explored the
>wildlife management areas?

I apologize, your first post made it sound like you were going to hunt the wrong side.

As far as the WMAs, they are way overcrowded and very hard to hunt. The pressure of the elk hunt usually pushes everything back to the private stuff. It can be good with a bit of snow or cold weather, but in this heat I think it's going to suck. If it were me, I would probably hunt the National Forest on Monte up the highway from your property. Any of those access roads will get you into good deer country. You won't be alone as that place gets hit really hard as well, but at least it's up high where the deer are. Just my opinion. I have hunted all the areas in this 4/5/6 unit and it's tough.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom