eastern idaho

ID_hunter27

There's a chance I could be moving to Idaho falls by hunting season so I was just wondering from the people who know it better then I do how's the hunting and and outdoor life around there? No I'm not being lazy and and just asking I'm also looking info and stuff up but sites only give so much. people who live and play know it best

We have the best fishing (Henry's Lake, Henry's Fork, South Fork, Blackfoot & American Falls & more) in Idaho. The Wyo. border has incredible mule-deer genetics...too many predators, though.

Rafting, backpacking & variety of hunts are all very good.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Idaho falls is a pretty cool town if ya have to have towns. Lol. I live an hour and half from there. Clean nice place with a sportsmans warehouse and a Texas roadhouse. Lol. So it can't be all bad
There is excellent fishing hunting snow mobiling skiing sand dunes etc. Lots of Idaho tags are otc I F is in a good location to all of those things.
Good luck with your move

I moved here from oregon and will never go back. I'm thinking of moving to Twin only becasue its so cold here for so long. other then that its great.

I work in Idaho Falls but live in a mountain valley to the east. As has been said the fishing in eastern ID is great. I don't do much bird hunting but that is decent too, lots of ruffed grouse most years and decent sharptails if you know where to look, also plenty of waterfowl. As far as big game, just like everywhere, it ain't what it use to be, but it's ok. Idaho's hunting season are pretty creatively structured (as compared to say WY), so there is something for everyone. Western WY has better big game hunting, so if you can afford the NR tags you are close to some very good elk and antelope hunting and decent mule deer hunting. Eastern ID in general offers a good array of outdoor activities. The only time of year I'm not crazy about is the last half of winter up to the beginning of shed hunting in mid April. Probably need to get into ice fishing, or shooting coyotes. If you can hack the long winter it's a pretty good place to be.

Also, if you're single the gene pool is good in IF.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom