Eastern plains

Wapitiwilly

Very Active Member
I am hopeful everyone is staying safe and healthy. I'm interested in a eastern Colorado muley hunt. Just wondering if anyone can give me a lead or two on potential outfitters that produce quality critters,
Thanks in advance

May have a year or two wait, may luck into a cancelation.
57809.jpg

Thanks guys. I checked him out it looks like he is booked4-years out on rifle. Maybe luck into a cancellation

I had a buddy hunt with Outwest Adventures in SE Colorado near Lamar. He saw a lot of animals and killed a good mule deer. Maybe not the upper end deer that Limmer historically kills but a little less pricey. You can check out his Facebook page to see the quality of deer. Only takes a few guys a year.

I am not a Shockey fan but I am curious why he would chose a different outfitter that doesn’t kill as big of Bucks.
I’m sure it wasn’t a money issue.
Maybe a booking time frame issue?

Shockey hunted the Eastern Plains what seemed to be back to back years with a muzzleloader the first week of rifle. Maybe a year in between. Both of Shockey’s hunts were recently aired on the Outdoor Channel and the Sportsmans Channel. The first year he estimated seeing over 100 bucks on his hunt. He passed deer over 190” approaching 200”. On his return hunt he a killed a typical buck that I would say was in the 190s with the same outfitter. I don’t think anyone would be upset with the results.

I hunted with Limmer once, set to go back next year. Shot a 220" buck and there was a 210" killed in the field right above me by a local that stood up at my shot.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom