eastern wyoming

bodhi

I'm hearing good things about the eastern part of the state for deer and lope numbers improving. This is from wildlife wardens and biologist. Can any one with boots on the ground confirm? would love to discuss. thanks.

Thanks,
B

I don't know about deer, but I hear the same regarding antelope over on the east side in most of the units.

Thanks Topgun. Yeah, and that's what most of the folks have indicated. Lope are really back and deer are improving. Heading back there next year so hoping Wy has another year of good rain and mild winter.

Just picked up a leftover region t deer permit myself. Really don't know much about the area but had an invite to tag along with a buddy and his friend who lives there. My buddy's friend( Wyoming native)seems to shoot some pretty good deer so I'll cross my fingers and hopefully find a good one. I figured with the reports improved moisture it may be a good year to hunt?

yep, sounds like a good year for sure. Wish I was going this year but have a trip planned to western Illinois for an archery hunt so next year it is for Wyoming.

Hey, good luck pwr, let us know how you do.

What part of region T are you guys gonna hunt? Iv hunted it the last 3 years and got a nice buck every time. South of Guernsey, hit the walk ins

>Just picked up a leftover region
>t deer permit myself. Really
>don't know much about the
>area but had an invite
>to tag along with a
>buddy and his friend who
>lives there. My buddy's friend(
>Wyoming native)seems to shoot some
>pretty good deer so I'll
>cross my fingers and hopefully
>find a good one. I
>figured with the reports improved
>moisture it may be a
>good year to hunt?

I always get a good one hitting the walk in areas south of Guernsey

If you're after whitetails the NE Region A is probably a good place to go. Not so much for mule deer or antelope though.

Most of the antelope were and have been in pretty good shape in eastern Wyoming. Over farther to the west, around Medicine Bow, they got knocked way down and are recovering. Farther east, antelope have remained pretty steady.

Deer are on the rise. The wet years and a lack of predation (coyotes had mange for years) seems to have really helped. Went out yesterday and took a drive. Saw 18 buck deer. Several decent, but no monsters.

Hello, I have a tag for eastern Wyoming this year. Information about this area is hard to find online so made a trip out there in March. Drove to the area in the National Grasslands we hoped to hunt and found plenty of deer. All mule deer, but due to the time of year it wasn't really possible to tell bucks from does. Plenty of them around though. Applied and were lucky enough to draw. I have a friend from another site who works in the coal industry and he has been keeping me up to date on weather conditions. Seems like they have had adequate rainfall, and it shows in the rack size.

For us, we like badlands/high desert type landscapes and felt that this was our chance to hunt such terrain without building a bunch of points. Worked for us.

Nice. We will be to the north of there. Deer hunting is a new thing for us, but we are well prepared and very motivated.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom