Eastmans mrs section

sniper14

I'm looking at dumping points next year in a few states and I'm wondering when Eastmans journal starts their mrs section so I know when to subscribe. Thanks and happy hunting.

Before before tag deadlines. So if your looking at say wyoming sheep/moose. Magazine arrives mid to late january and tag deadline is last day of feb or march 1st. And so on based on states

I think they have a promo for 2 years for a cheap rate. At least thats what the flyer said

But remember if ya sign up in January your first magazine could start later or sometimes you get one immediately.

If you want all updates you need to subscribe to both the hunting journal and bow hunting journal or you will miss months. I have let my Eastman's expire after many years. Their MRS is so full of errors that it has become useless to me. The font is so small you can't read it unless you have young eyes, which I don't have anymore.

Rich

I am going to drop eastmans this year. They started Tag hub and they are hard selling it. Their MRS is no longer viewable online with just the magazine subscription. They have sent me emails with unfinished articles and asked me to subscribe to tag hub to finish the article. I will keep Epic, huntin' fool, and go hunt for my research. So long eastmans!

That's good to know desperatehills if I only have the ability to get one of those 3 that you are still going to use which do you feel does the best at helping choose between hunts like eastmans used to?

I think this might be the last year for me as well? I didn’t renew my paper subscription, but did do the taghub, only because I got a special offer for $50 for the first year? It’s really tough to navigate I think, but haven’t played with it a whole lot. Mainly did it to keep getting the magazine’s for now...
I have had gohunt now for three years, and they have a lot of good info. And now that they just introduced 3D mapping with part of there subscription, with all kinds of layers, I think they’re pretty tough to beat! I did recently subscribe to Epic, and I’m still trying to navigate it for now. “I”, would probably say, Epic and Huntin Fool (not a subscriber) probably rank the units a little more like Eastman’s dose???
Anyway...
Hope this helps anyone who’s shopping them.
Good luck!

The advantage to Gohunt is all the information for all hunts is in there. The advantage of Huntin Fool and Epic is they do a good job of navigation you through the application process. The disadvantage of the two magazines is they are for trophy hunters and do not cover all units. I think a guy should have go hunt and one of the Mags.

I have been a member of Epic Outdoors the past couple years and subscribed to Eastman's for a couple decades. I agree with the previous statements of "hard selling" their tag hub. I have noticed discrepancies between the Epic information and Eastman's MRS. I have been looking into GoHunt as an option next year. The MRS is lacking now that they are pushing Tag Hub.

I am an original subscriber of Eastman's, and contributed many articles over the years. It is sad to see what the magazine has become. As stated above, the font is incredibly tiny in many articles and even worse in some issues in the MRS. Totally worthless if it isn't legible. Complaints to Eastman's bring the response - "then buy Tag Hub."
I don't want another online hunt unit recommendation service. Truthfully, I've found issues with all of them, from Huntin' Fool, to goHunt, to Epic and the MRS. People put way too much stock in these 2 paragraph evaluations. Some of the better units in each state fly under the radar in these services.
I miss the volume of articles and quality writing (sometimes!) in Eastman's. Seems like the latest issue has a few photo collages (sp?) with very short stories. Are we really to the point where hunters won't even read a page and a half article? Sounds like I am getting old, but Eastmans has been driven into the ground, and I don't see it returning. Very sad.
Bill

Yeah i started subscribing back in 1991,and they have really gone down hill,about 1/3 of the magazine is ads or one sided reviews. It'sad,but i'm done when my subscription runs out!

Let my subscriptions drop after 20+ years. Just photo spreads, thinly-veiled product placements, and the MRS section is just about useless now.
They have been left in the dust by other magazines and internet services. Sad to see...

i subscribed about 5 years ago thinking i was missing something. the info on species i do not yet hunt is interesting, but for what i know about deer hunting in my state, the info is about useless or contradictory! glad it is out there to show folks to different units to chase than where i want to hunt!
yeah cbeard: "thinly veiled product placements" disguised as reviews is a pretty disappointing and accurate description. I know they have to make $ but the whole dang mag is about useless and not entertaining. i would love to support a few mags with subscriptions but they aren't doing anything for me anymore, sadly.

If you want all updates you need to subscribe to both the hunting journal and bow hunting journal or you will miss months. I have let my Eastman's expire after many years. Their MRS is so full of errors that it has become useless to me. The font is so small you can't read it unless you have young eyes, which I don't have anymore.

Rich
Yep ,I have got Eastmans since about 1990. I have lapsed a a few times in recsent years . I get both now and they mail me offers twice a a month. Talk about wasting $. I allready get their Damn Magazine. There Quality has gone way down hill. The MRS section is worthless . The problem I have with Epic is it caters to high $ people. Half their articles are Sheep in the north and moose and goats. That I don't have any interest in. I am on My 2nd year with them.Used there service to put me in for deer in Colo. last year and the hunt sucked. None of there references answered my call. And a few have called me this year for that unit info, and I told em it Sucks. I think bottom line is ya gotta have big bucks using these guys and outfitters. I don't mind Spending $4500 to 6k for an outfitter or help ,but the 8-10k stuff is for the birds for Deer and Elk!. Just my OP............................BULL!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom