Easy Access Camping?

TerynItUp

Howdy all, my family and I are going to be in Sedona for a wedding over Memorial Day weekend. We are pulling our camper down and staying at a campground there in town for a couple days, well I booked my days wrong and long story short is I need a place to park the camper for a night. I'm coming from Albuquerque so anywhere around Flag would be fine. Just want something simple and easy to pull into (no need for water, or even a campground for that matter) and then out of the next day.

You guys got any spots you know of? All official campgrounds are booked because of the holiday so I was hopin for something off a forest road in the area. Thanks in advance!

-T

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Woody mountain road would be an easy pull in/out area for you, take the flag ranch exit, turn south, turn left (east) on Kiltie and then right (south) on woody mountain and go until you see a spot!

89A goes out of Flagstaff to Sedona via Oak Creek Canyon. The first 8 miles or so is up at 7000 ft elevation then drops down thru "switchbacks" into Oak Creek Canyon and Sedona. Normally (unless fire danger gets extremely high) the Coconino NF is open to dispersed camping with no permit or fee. Camp up before the switchbacks and it will be mild temps during the day and nice cool sleeping weather at night. A short and pretty drive down the canyon into Sedona. If you drop down into the canyon it is much more crowded, especially on Memorial Day weekend. Just pull off on any side road in the first 8 miles or so and enjoy the Ponderosa Pine forest for a day or two.

PM me if you need more info.

Bruce
Flagstaff

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom