Easy there, Kramer....

"Richards retorted: "Shut up! Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f------ fork up your a--."

He then paced across the stage taunting the men for interrupting his show, peppering his speech with racial slurs and profanities.

"You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now mother------. Throw his a-- out. He's a n-----!" Richards shouts before repeating the racial epithet over and over again."

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=242527&GT1=7703

I wonder if some of these idiots get up in the morning and say - "Hmmmm - what can I do to end my career today?" Buh- Bye!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I saw the link , it was clear on the vid cast I watched. Yeah I think there could be deeper anger issues with that guy, he went OFF! Its no excuse for how he spoke , but those guys were poking fun out loud for some time during his show, and every body knows if you poke some with a stick long enough they are gonna get pi$$ed off , and he just snapped. He supposed to be a Stand Up Comic, you'd think he could take crap like nothing , but guess not , yeah I agree , he's probly done for.

I wonder would happen if Eddie Murphy got up there and said "Shut the **** up, CRACKER!"

Guys lost what little marbles he had left.....

Being on a lame show like Steinfield will do that to a person...

D-Man!!!

JUST WHAT THE HELL KINDA SHOWS DO YOU LIKE???

I'LL ADMIT I LIKE ELAINE!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE TICKING JUST WAITING TO SNAP!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

CAN'T GO WHERE YOU'VE ALREADY WENT!! ELAINE IS HOT, STILL A CRAPPY SHOW. I LIKE BLUE COLLAR TV, MILLIONAIRE WITH IT'S SMARTASS HOST AND ANYTHING WITHOUT JACKIE BUSHMAN OR TRED BARTA!!!! HUNTING THE NORTHWEST AND BERRETTA'S JOURNAL ARE THE BEST IN MY BOOK!!! I'M STILL WAITING FOR CHENEY TO TELEVISE HIS OWN HUNTING SHOW!!!

D-man!!!

WOULD YOU DARE HUNT WITH HIM THOUGH???

I DON'T WATCH MUCH TV!!!

TOO BUSY WITH HUNTING RELATED THINGS!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!! :D :D :D :D :D

STILL
>A CRAPPY SHOW.

DMAN!! You speak blasphemy! I can't believe you'd say that about Seinfeld! lol You seriously didn't think it was funny? Kramer making salad in the shower? Mulva? Festivus? The BRO? (or was it a Manziere?) LOL

I loved that show.

DID YOU EVER SEE THE EPISODE WHERE THEY HAD A BET GOING TO SEE WHO COULD GO THE LONGEST WITHOUT BAITING THEIR HOOK???

THE ONLY bobcat LMAO OVER THAT ONE!!! :D :D :D

I remember well his early comedy routines of "Delirious" and "Raw". He didn't particulary give any breaks to any ethnic groups or sexual preference. Have you ever heard Chris Rock or Martin Lawrence? Their comments about whites, were they white men talking about blacks, would be as unforgiveable, offensive and ugly as Richard's were. I don't know - maybe its the over 500 years of slavery and oppression but to hear the "N" word come out of a white man's mouth - in any context - is just not the same as a black man calling a white man "cracker". It just doesn't have the same history, connotation or sense of social prejuduice the "N" word does. Maybe its because in the socio-historical context of race relations in the US and around the western world, whites hate blacks because they are black and because their culture is different and they consider them inferior, but blacks hate whites because the whites hate them for just being black, have oppressed them, enslaved them and murdered them. The difference between the "N" word and "cracker" is the level of hatred historically associated with the "N" word. Coming from a white man, it only has one connotation, which means hatred and is not acceptable. On the other hand I am not saying it is right for a black man or woman to use the term "cracker". It is offensive in its own right and indicates a level of ignorance and lack of education, but it does not carry the same social stigma as the other word that Richards used over and over and over again in his tirade.

I think his apology was sincere though and that he truly lost control of the moment, he definitely wasn't thinking clearly. But his tirade reveals an inner racism that we probably all carry to some extent in our hearts and minds. It has been probably passed down to us from our parents and our grandparents who we don't consider racist at all. In the socio-historic context of their days, these terms and ideas they taught us were prevalent in society and only as society has evolved have we come to see them for what they are. It may be your grandma calling small african-american children "pickaninnies" or "sambos"- like former AZ Governor Evan Meacham and my grandma did. Remember him? He was from Utah originially and knew both of my grandparents growing up. To them - that word was what you called them and they never knew it was offensive, uh... at least not until Meacham was impeached for using those words. Maybe it was your dad encouraging you to "find a white wide receiver" to idolize when you thought Lynn Swann was the greatest of all time. He never told you to hate blacks specifically and not to cheer for them or to not respect them, but just that "it's important to cheer for the white guy too". Right? Or maybe it's him cheering extra hard for Phil Mickelson to beat Tiger Woods or saying, "at least a white guy won it" to epxress his apparent disappointment when Gino Torreta won the Heisman over Marshal Faulk. Or maybe its the lack of major network programming that features middle class African-American families or dramas that have African-American protagonists. Would "24" be as popular if Jack Bauer were black? Would the CSI's be as popular if instead of Gary Sinise, William Peterson, and David Caruso as the lead investigators we had Jamie Fox, Will Smith and Denzel Washington? Now I know there are some exceptions - but they are exeptions and though strong black protagonists are growing in numbers - we are still more comfortable with the black comedian than we are with the black hero.

I guess you really have to look deep inside yourself and ask those important questions to see the extent of your own latent racism. Michael Richarda claims that he is not a racist - and frankly I believe him - but he for sure had a racist moment that no apology can ever truly make up for. So we have to see these things in ourselves, make an effort to change them and realize that the "N" word and the like are a lot worse socially than "cracker" and "honky" ever will be.

UTROY

HOW BOUT IT TripleK!!!

DID YOU SEE IT???

I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO THE B.C.'S???

THE ONLY bobcat SITTING AROUND PLAYING WITH THE REMOTE,HAVING A DRINK & SCRATCHING MY WELL HELL NEVERMIND!!! :D :D :D

LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-06 AT 05:08PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-06 AT 05:05 PM (MST)

"Maybe its because in the socio-historical context of race relations in the US and around the western world, whites hate blacks because they are black and because their culture is different and they consider them inferior, but blacks hate whites because the whites hate them for just being black, have oppressed them, enslaved them and murdered them. The difference between the "N" word and "cracker" is the level of hatred historically associated with the "N" word. "

----

Or maybe it's just a double standard? See, you cannot even type the whole "N" word, but you can type CRACKER, PECKERWOOD, WHITE TRASH, WHITE BOY, etc.

Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, and others can get in front of the cameras and spew hatred toward Jews and basically get away with it, but as you see, a Jew cannot do the same back. Jews did not enslave blacks, but Jews skin is white, so they are fair game.

Have ever noticed that alot of minorities hate Bill Cosby because he has the nads to tell it like it is. To them, he is a Uncle Tom, because he won't use his skin color or heritage as a crutch.

A lot of blacks used to be critical of Michael Jordon because he would not pull the race card when they wanted him to.

>
>HOW BOUT IT TripleK!!!
>
>DID YOU SEE IT???
>
>I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO
>THE B.C.'S???

"I'm out! It was John-John!" LOL Of course I saw it. LOL

Yeah, yeah...I'm goin' I'm goin'. Supposed to be leaving in an hour and I still haven't gotten everything packed. I'm slackin'. LOL

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-06
>AT 05:05?PM (MST)

>
>"Maybe its because in the socio-historical
>context of race relations in
>the US and around the
>western world, whites hate blacks
>because they are black and
>because their culture is different
>and they consider them inferior,
>but blacks hate whites because
>the whites hate them for
>just being black, have oppressed
>them, enslaved them and murdered
>them. The difference between the
>"N" word and "cracker" is
>the level of hatred historically
>associated with the "N" word.
>"
>
>
>----
>
>Or maybe it's just a double
>standard? See, you cannot even
>type the whole "N" word,
>but you can type CRACKER,
>PECKERWOOD, WHITE TRASH, WHITE BOY,
>etc.
>
>Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, and others can
>get in front of the
>cameras and spew hatred toward
>Jews and basically get away
>with it, but as you
>see, a Jew cannot do
>the same back. Jews did
>not enslave blacks, but Jews
>skin is white, so they
>are fair game.

No...I'm going with 500 years of oppression and hatred instead of double standard.

Jenn

kkkramer.jpg

Eric
deerline.gif

>>LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-06
>>AT 05:05 PM (MST)

>>
>>"Maybe its because in the socio-historical
>>context of race relations in
>>the US and around the
>>western world, whites hate blacks
>>because they are black and
>>because their culture is different
>>and they consider them inferior,
>>but blacks hate whites because
>>the whites hate them for
>>just being black, have oppressed
>>them, enslaved them and murdered
>>them. The difference between the
>>"N" word and "cracker" is
>>the level of hatred historically
>>associated with the "N" word.
>>"
>>
>>
>>----
>>
>>Or maybe it's just a double
>>standard? See, you cannot even
>>type the whole "N" word,
>>but you can type CRACKER,
>>PECKERWOOD, WHITE TRASH, WHITE BOY,
>>etc.
>>
>>Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, and others can
>>get in front of the
>>cameras and spew hatred toward
>>Jews and basically get away
>>with it, but as you
>>see, a Jew cannot do
>>the same back. Jews did
>>not enslave blacks, but Jews
>>skin is white, so they
>>are fair game.
>
>No...I'm going with 500 years of
>oppression and hatred instead of
>double standard.
>
>Jenn

I'm sure Eddie Murphy has been oppressed for 500 years.

Lets see...Black Congressional Caucus, all black schools, 92% of all NBA players are black?? Yep, us white trash honkies are a bunch of racist.

The last two Secretary of State have been African American. Condi Rice would be a serious contender for President of US. Obama the same.

I can't believe I agree with moneyman but I agree the days of blacks being held back by their color have past. I have great respect for Colin Powell and people like him who did it the hard way back when it was hard but now days almost any minority who is willing to try can do as well as anyone else, maybe better. I like guys like Morgan Freedman who in an interview with Ed Bradly ( a jerk I don't miss) said " I don't want to be known as a black actor or an African American , just an American " Kramer should be able to say whatever he wants, freedom of speech seems to stop when it comes to race. if you don't like it don't watch him. and if you think the race card doesn't work just look at OJ, tell me he would be free and writing books if he were white.

NOT PREDJUDICE BUT!!!

IF THAT WOULD OF BEEN THE OLE cat HEADING DOWN THE FREEWAY WITH 17 COPS FOLLOWING I'M SURE YOU MM'ERS WOULDN'T BE TOLLERATING MY BULL$HIT HERE TODAY!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING IF THEY'D OF FOUND HIM GUILTY THEY'D OF BURNT 1/2 OF KALI DOWN,NOT A BAD THING RIGHT??? :D :D :D :D

Dude, Wow, I can't believe what you just said coming from a bonafide liberal. I could not have said it better. thank you

LOOK AT WHAT YOU GUY'S HAVE DONE NOW!!!

YOU'VE CONVERTED HuntinDude!!!

YOU'VE FINALLY BRAINWASHED HIM!!!

THE ONLY bobcat JUST KIDDIN WITH Dude!!! :D :D :D :D

Hey I might not like the current administration, or want the religious fanatics in charge of the country but after all I'm still a red neck. I think most of us here on MM would get along just fine if we met , something about sitting at a computer not looking the other guy in the face makes most of us seem more radical than we really are.

Yes times have changed - and finally African Americans are being considered more and more and professional equals - but that doesn't remove the social stigma that 500 years of slavery and oppresion have attached to the N word. Nor does it make the "H" word or the "C" word if you will, equally offensive. They just aren't, they don't mean the same thing and they don't have the same social and historical contexts attached to them. I am not expressing my opinion here either, I am just stating a sociolinguistic fact. It doesn't mean that anybody can use race as a crutch either - it just means that we haven't forgotten the ugliness of our past and that we should use extreme caution to control our thoughts and our words.

UTROY

The Jews have been treated just as bad, if not worse, since the beginning of recorded history, yet Sharpton, Jackson, and Farakhan have no problem blasting them with slurs whenever given a chance and it goes unchallenged and often supported by the African American community. Let's face it, there are just as many non-caucasian racist as there are redneck crackers.

That's true, one I like is the UNCF ( united negro college fund ) I'm sure when it started blacks going to college was quite a thing but there are white kids who can't afford to go to college, so what if someone started the "United White College Fund" holy crap can you imagine the screaming. some call America the melting pot but some minorities seem like they try hard not to melt in, I don't get it.

>I wonder would happen if Eddie
>Murphy got up there and
>said "Shut the **** up,
>CRACKER!"

not much...

>That's true, one I like is
>the UNCF ( united negro
>college fund ) I'm sure
>when it started blacks going
>to college was quite a
>thing but there are white
>kids who can't afford to
>go to college, so what
>if someone started the "United
>White College Fund" holy crap
>can you imagine the screaming.
>some call America the melting
>pot but some minorities seem
>like they try hard not
>to melt in, I don't
>get it.

The have Miss Black America too. Where is miss White America? MIss Jew America, Miss Utard America?

The difference is Eddie Murphy is Funny, Kramers not :)

• [*] -Moosie
~~If you're going to walk on thin ice, Ya might as Well DANCE !!
WALK the TALK, Or shut the HECK UP !!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom