Eberlestock Just One Back Pack

Y

yaman

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the info on the packs. I just got my Eberlestock J105 pack for Christmas and I am very impressed by the quality of this pack and all the features. There are a couple of questions that I do have that I was hoping you could answer so I don't have to bother Glen E. I am sure he is plenty busy without having to answer to many dump questions from me.

Question #1 Concerning the reversible blaze orange/camo zip in panel.

This may seem like a dumb question, but why is it reversible? The pack is already camo, so don't you just need the orange for safety, and just don't use it when you want camo because the pack is already and it is quiet.

Can it be attached to the pack in both the day back version and also when the pack is unzipped to it larger mode?

How do you use it when the spike duffel bag is already zipped on?

Question #2 I also received a couple of extra compression straps for my pack and am wondering where you attach them to on the pack

Any other ideas that you might have concerning this pack would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.
Dave

The Zip-in panel is reversible as many like to zip in the gray side to strengthen the mesh panel. You can attached it the day pack version; you won't be able to zip it close. However, it still can be closed via the compression straps.

Using the new J2SD Spike Camp Duffel with a Just One

The Spike Camp Duffel is designed to be carried either internally or externally in the Just One series packs. The lightweight duffel is great for gear, which you can then download and leave in camp when you go out hunting with the Just One in the compact mode.

To carry gear externally with the new J2SD version of the duffel, you can attach it in one of two ways: for a quick setup, just place it on the front of the pack and clip the triple compression strap system around it. Or, to firmly attach the duffel to the pack, zip it into the expansion zippers.

The addtional compression straps can be connected at the very top or very bottom to attach a tent or sleeping bag.

For a complete explanation with pictures go to www.eberlestock.com and click on "Product Tech Tips" or "Accessories".

Ed

Thanks Ed
So when you say triple commpression straps, you are meaning the two straps that come across the pack horizontally and clips together and the one that attaches from the top and the bottom of the pack that clips together?
When you use the spike duffle zipped in, then when you place the orange panel on, do you just lay it on top of the spike duffle and tighten the straps over the top it to hold it in? If you do, does it stay in place ok?
Finally, when you say use the additional straps on the top and bottom of the pack, do you just slide them through the bar-tack webbing. On Glen's websight it said the Pack has Padlock matrixes in various locations. Not having had much experience with packs before, I am not sure what those Paklock matrixes are?
I guess you have to have some knowledge about the back pack lingo to know what some of those words mean. Glen will have to make it easier for the dummies like me in his instructions. It might save him a lot of phone calls or email. I sure love the pack though. Can't wait to give it a try.
thanks for all your help, if I have any other questions I will know who to look for.
Dave

Yes, the triple compression straps are the two big horizontal straps and one vertical strap that clip together, and can tighten the load down.

I suppose you could lay the orange panel on top of the duffel and the straps would hold in place. It really is designed to zip on the outside of the panel. The spike duffel will also fit inside the cavity of the pack when expanded as shown here with the orange zip-in attached.

J120orange20panel.jpg

The other option if safety is a concern is to purchase a reversible rain cover, which is camo/blaze orange.

J2RC20rev.jpg

I'm not sure about the matrixes, but the Just One has a series of daisy loops on each side of the pack vertically, which is great for attaching things.

Hope this helps :)

Ed

Thanks Ed,
Yes that did help. I saw the web loops and just wasn't sure if that was what they called bar tacking or not, but I thought maybe that was what they were designed for, was to tie things onto them. Thanks for all the help. I will play with the panel and duffle bag and decide which way to use them. Thanks for
the pictures of the pack.

Dave

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom