Eberlestock Pack

H

huntsonora

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-04 AT 02:33PM (MST)[p]I did not want to post this under the current thread about Eberlestock because I did not want this to get swallowed up and forgotten.

The Eberlestock Just One pack that I purchased a couple of months ago is WITHOUT QUESTION the best pack I have ever owned. In my mind there is really no comparison between this pack and the others I have used and I have used almost all of them at one point or another.

I love the way the pack fits my back. It is adjustable and I was able to really dial it in to fit me. The pockets are easy to access and big enough to fit spotting scopes, tripods and videocameras. The straps were great to be able to cinch everything down tight to my back and were easily adjusted to accomodate some of my heavy clothes that I began stripping off as it got hot. The material is quiet and the zippers worked great. I did not use the gun scabbard while I was hunting but I did use it while I was walking in and out in the dark and it was awesome not to have to carry my gun or have to worry about having it slip off my shoulder. It was really easy to remove the gun from the scabbard but I like to have my gun in my hands for a quick shot in the thick stuff and for that reason I only used the scabbard on a limited basis. The layout of the pack is awesome, there was definately a lot of time put into the design of this pack and it shows. There are pockets for GPS and keys, medium size compartments for spotting scopes and such and the pack completely opens up to be able to haul meat and capes. In my opinion this is the perfect pack to own if you want to be able to do everything. Its almost like having a rifle that you can use for all applications.

Again, if you are looking to purchase a pack for yourself or as a Christmas present I would recommend no other pack that the Eberlestock Just One pack.

Drummond

Also, the customer service is amazing. I ordered my pack through Ed Yenick, bigbull1 here on MM, and the folks at Eberlestock packs and Ed have emailed me to make sure that everything was as it was described. You dont find that kind of Customer Service anymore. The people associated with Eberlestock are first rate! If you are interested in this pack I would get in touch with Ed as he will gladly answer any of your questions.

Thanks for the info. I asked my wife for this pack this Christmas and if I don't get it I will go buy it myself.

Thanks....MT

How is the pack while having a rifle slung over your shoulder?
Does your rifle always rub up against the pack?
Does your rifle feel like it wants to fall off your shoulder?

Just a couple of questions I would like answered before purchasing.

When I had my rifle slung over my shoulder it did not feel like it was going to fall off and it did not rub on the pack. If you dont like that feeling with other packs then you will love the scabbard that is built into the Eberlestock. It is very easy to remove your rifle from the scabbard and will eliminate those types of problems that you were asking about. Again, awesome pack.

Drum

I tried this pack at an outdoor show earlier this year and absolutely fell in love with it. I am a tall guy (6'8") and have always had trouble finding packs that fit me comfortably, but this one was PERFECT. The cool thing, was all my short buddies said the same thing, that it fit them better than any other pask they have tried. At the demo, they had the pack loaded up with 100 pds. THe pack is so well built and comfortable, that the weight was evenly distributed and felt comfortable even with that kind of weight. I am currently saving up to buy me one before next hunting season.

Drummond is right, this is easily the best pack on the market.

TUFF

Just wondering which color looks the best realtree hardwoods green or grey. I am trying to match it with mossy oak break up.
TM

Trigger Mag

IMHO you don't have to worry about that. Actually if you'll get the color that doesn't match the best, you'd be better.

If the pack is a different shade, then it actually looks like a shadow or lighter spot which is extremely common.

If you match it perfectly then its just a larger blob of the same pattern.

Frankly, I prefer ASAT type camo's but they are hard to come by. But I also commonly use a different pattern for top and bottom. Works very well.

Of course if you are after a fashion blend, sorry I can't help ya much.

Jeff

Here is my questions; If you wanna sit down do you have to take the rifle out of the scabbard first? If you fall down backwards, would the rifle be more apt to be damaged rather than if it was riding on your shoulder? It looks like the rifle rides between your back and the pack. Wouldn't this be uncomfortable when you walk? Lets say that your rifle scope is mounted on raised mounts so that you have the option of using your iron sites. Does the scabbard accomodate for this with extra scabbard room?
It does look like an impressive pack and I see that they have a set up for photographers and videographers. I also see that they sell water hydration bottles so I'm assuming that they have pockets for these bottles.
It sounds like you can use part of it as a day pack? Does it have an eternal frame? When you pack out meat do you use part of the pack or all of it? If it has an internal frame, is it removeable? Sorry for all of the questions but ya'll have got my curiosity going.
I purchased a Badlands 2800 this last season and was pretty happy with it other than I needed more room for my bivvy hunt. I've been looking at the 4800. I like the idea of the Badlands 4800 of being able to take it apart and use a portion of it as a day pack. I also like the idea that you can take the internal frame out and use it to pack out meat. Any comments you guys have on these subjects would be greatly appreciated. This Eberlstock sounds awesome.
fatrooster.

rost495,

I am definately not out for the "fashion blend", I was just trying to figure out what others thought of the two different color schemes.
Personally I think I would go with the Realtree Hardwoods Grey.

I agree with you on having two different camo patterns.

TM

I went with the grey and really like it. As for the scabbard, if you sit down on flat ground you would need to take the pack off. You would be able to sit on a log or a rock and not have to do so though. The rifle does not rub on your back or get crushed by the pack, it is a seperate compartment that is designed specifically for a rifle. It is very easy to pull the rifle out of the scabbard even when the pack id loaded. Trust me when I tell you that the scabbard option is AWESOME, especially when its dark and you want your hands free to do other things.

Drum

Hey Drummond, I just had to say thanks. I normally wouldn't have jumped into a discussion about our products; I figure that if they're good enough, they'll speak for themselves -- and all of you guys out there would probably rather hear about 'em from each other than from me.

But anyway, I couldn't pass through without stopping to say thanks to Drummond, and thanks to all of the rest of you guys who have taken the time to spread the word about our packs. (And just to let the rest of you know, I'm not paying 'em to say nice things!)

One thing that I want everybody to know is that we are looking for feedback. We're a "constant improvement" kind of company, and well, to be honest, we're just getting started! I've noticed that many posts are questions about our products; if you ever feel like you don't get a good answer, send me a note or give me a call. I'm happy to take the time to tell people why our stuff is what it is.

Merry Christmas to all, and if you want to do me a favor, tell your hunting buddies about us; if we start selling a few more packs, maybe Eberlestock will still be around next Christmas!

Once again, most sincere thanks to those of you who've been taking the time to type up your opinions and feelings about our packs.

Cheers,
Glen Eberle aka "Craven4hunting"

by the way, if any of you guys are skeptics or sittin' on the fence, look us up this winter -- it's getting to be show season, and we'll be represented at Muley, SHOT, Elk, Sheep, and a couple of the other public shows. We'd be happy to "show you the ropes."

Glen,

As much as you appreciate the kind words I appreciate a quality product. I would not have said anything if I were not 100% sure that this is the best pack on the market.

"I normally wouldn't have jumped into a discussion about our products; I figure that if they're good enough, they'll speak for themselves"

What I have stated is your product speaking for itself, I would not have said anything for a mediocre product. Amazing pack and I look forward to see what you guys come up with in the future. You have earned a customer for life. Thanks again for the incredible customer service and doing everything within your power to get the pack to me before my NM hunt, I know that could not have been easy given such short notice.

Merry Christmas,

Drummond

Guys, I too am most impressed with the pack and the Eberlestock quality and service. I also do not trump products but I could not help getting involved with this company as the pack really is what I wanted but could never find. I have used the pack on both extended hunts (tent, bag, clothes, foot, stove, gas, etc) and long day hunts and believe it's the best do-it-all pack on the market today. I would buy it again if I did not already own one. I'm always in the market for equipment that will make be a more successful hunter and this product surely fits the bill.

If any of you guys are ?on-the-fence? don't wait till next season to buy one. Get it now and start fitting your gear to the pack. A couple of more things I like about the pack that are not discussed on this post are, you can carry a pistol, a knife sheath, spare ammo-pouch and shooting sticks directly on the waist belt without compromising fit or comfort; (If you like I will email you pictures of how it works ? just send me a PM or email me at [email protected]) you can carry your spotting scope attached to the tripod, and the barrel end of the scabbard is padded and makes a great pillow for that mid-day nap. Try all that with any other pack on the market.

I usually draw the rifle from the scabbard if I want to sit on the ground to spot or glass. I do not take the pack off unless I'm really taking a rest. You will find that carrying a rifle in the ?old, traditional? fashion across the shoulder will work just fine, no rubbing or other complications; only, I prefer the scabbard unless I expect to jump a deer then I carry it in my hands.

You can try to compare this pack to any other but it would be tough as there are none that can compare. No other pack does what the ?just-one? will. The thing you can compare it to is your demands for a complete hunting pack.

One finalshot, if you don't need the extra capacity offered by the ?just-one? you can buy the ?Gunslinger,? it has many of the same great features and identical quality of the ?just-one? just in a smaller package. You will like this pack so much I'll bet you will start using it for more than hunting ? I don't go to the field without it!

FinalShot

Glen,
Just wanted to thank you for the quick (and friendly) response in filling my order last week. My pack is wrapped and under the tree so I'm looking forward to Christmas!

Just a couple of thoughts:
I would really like to have a rain cover in a camo pattern and my favored camo pattern for early fall hunts is Desert Shadow by Kings. Mossy Oak is just fine but some sort of western pattern option for the pack and cover would be awesome.

I was really impressed with the quality of the pack and can't wait to give it a real test on my first scouting trip.

Thanks,

Oakbuck

"When you're with nature, flowing with the power of the earth, that's when you burst forth as a person." -- Christian Johnson

Sounds like the best backpack to buy, but if you can swing it, nothing beats this

Glassing_small.jpg

WB

You still have to get the meat to the hos and, you cant hunt those wiely mule deer bucks from the back of a hos.

Finalshot

Hey WB, why bother feeding a horse all winter, when you can go out and get such great exercise packing meat? ;-)
Craven4

Oakbuck,
Obviously I'd like to have a camo rain cover too. The reality is,we had to start somewhere... what we have now is a great rain cover, and even a simple little thing like that is probably more difficult to get done right than you'd imagine. So, for starters, I figured, well what the heck, if it's raining then it's usually dark, so black'll work. Not to say that we won't do something a little more colorful in the future!
On the subject of camo... I could write a book, so I've gotta hold back. Basically I know that there aren't many elk and muleys that have ever seen an oak tree, so I don't have any personal attachment to brand X. Or the other brand X. And there are some decent sage patterns out there, but they're really difficult to get into a good pack fabric -- and good fabric has to be the first call. I'd love to put our packs into Desert Shadow, but somebody is going to have to convince the owners of the pattern to break free with it for some of the right kinds of products (i.e. ours)... In the meantime, since the camo companies are basically the software kingpins of the industry, marketing and re-marketing what is essentially a 2' x 3' piece of artwork, and soaking you guys for all kinds of royalties on their 2' x 3' pieces of artwork, I'm mostly thinking about making my own. (Not to mean that I want to emulate the software --er, camo kingpins). The colors aren't too hard, and the color blocs and patternation are the key... it's just a question of what kind of leafy looking stuff most of you guys will buy to match the rest of your wardrobe. Sorry, if it comes to that it probably won't have any oak leaves, (well, maybe a token one would be fun) and certainly won't have any corn cobs, so you may have to go shopping for some new pants.

Glad you like the pack, and hope you really like it once you start using it.
Cheerio!
Craven

Santa's bringing me a "Just One" for christmas also. I can't wait to put it to the test next year.

After reading this and the other post on Eberlestock packs and then emailing Glen Eberle I ordered a Just One pack as a late Christmas present for myself. I ordered it on Thursday, Dec 23 and received it today (Tuesday Dec 28)!

Granted, I have only had a chance to try it on for for a few minutes and wear it around my living room but I am very impressed. I don't believe they left one single thing out of the design. You can tell these guys designed the pack for hunters. I can't wait to really try it out. I stuck a rifle in the scabbard and put it on and I may never carry another rifle on my shoulder unless I am expecting quick shooting. I was skeptical of the scabbard idea at first but it's very nice. The pack has great storage capacity and will be awesome for carrying a spotting scope (which I never hunt without). I will be getting the hydration bladder soon.

I was seriously looking at buying a Badlands pack (and I still believe they are nice) but after seeing this pack I believe the quality is much better in the Eberlestock. An example is the webbing that is used in the load stabilizing straps across the pack. On the Badlands the webbing was maybe 3/4 inch wide and the plastic hardware and quick connects were small and light. On the Eberlestock the webs are well over 1 inch wide and the hardware is rugged. I wondered about the idea of being expandable at first but after seeing it in person I think this will be the most versatile pack I have ever seen. Certainly the most versatile I have ever owned.

I took advantage of the holiday special deal where you get the zip in panel, duffel and rain cover and I am glad I did. That deal can't last forever so if you want one, you better get it.

Thanks to everyone for the tip.

Craven4huntin
After reading about the Just One on this site I checked them out at Sports Warehouse. I have to say it is the best designed pack I've seen. I especially like the two large side pockets for carrying a spotting scope and tripod. That is an idea I tried to convince Badlands to incorporate in their packs but they didn't seem interested. I carry a Leica 20X60X80 with a large tripod and they take up my entire pack. The abillity to expand is great also. Only a couple things I didn't like that kept me from purchasing one. Zippers and mesh. I carry my pack for 60 days or more a year while guideing and I've blown zippers on every pack I've owned except for my current Badlands, and torn everyone with mesh. Even the best unconditional warrenty won't help me when I'm on the mountain and can't afford a breakdown in equipment. I looked at two Just Ones and had dificulty with both rear zippers. My sugestion would be to eliminate the zipper in the back for expansion and install 4 adjustable straps with quick release buckles. That way the there would be no chance for zipper failure at an inopportune moment and it would also make the pack infinitly adjustable, say I needed to carry a little more gear then the pack would hold normally but not enough to expand fully. Also replace the mesh with the standard pack material. One other sugestion, line the bottom of one of the side pockets with the same material as the end of the rifle scabbard, the feet on my tripod have worn holes in the bottom of my Badlands pack. Big fellars like myself (6'4" 250) could use a couple more inches on the padded portion of the shoulder straps also. As for camo someone needs to come up with something other then the eastern white tail camo patterns we're forced to choose from. I need one with rocks, big ones at that, and cheat grass with a little sage. Please incorporate these minor modifications before next season and let me know so I can purchase the NEW AND IMPROVED Just One ultimite hunting pack!
Thanks
Wes

LAST EDITED ON Dec-30-04 AT 11:55AM (MST)[p]Wes,
You may want to check out the new multi-day mountaineering pack that Crooked Horn has just come out with. It is very similar to the pack you are describing and wishing for in your post. It has expandable straps and no mesh. I saw one at Sportmens W. in Midvale and compared it with the "Just One". Both are very good, a tough choice to make. The CH pack has a side pocket with strap for a tripod & is reinforced at the bottom with a heavy pack cloth & also has a large compartment for spotting scope. The pack is on their website. Camo is still the Eastern patterns at this time.
Hope this helps,
HH

Hey Wes,

Thanks for taking the time to look over our packs in detail. I've gotta say, though, that after reading your post, I think that our current pack design is closer to what you say you're looking for than you realize. I'm not here to say it's perfect -- we're always looking for better ways to do things -- but I will say that all of the details on the pack exist because we chose them for a reason. I'll start with the mesh. Although you say you've had bad luck with it, well, I have to tell you that that's like saying you had a shirt rip once so you won't use cloth shirts anymore. Pack fabric and all other fabrics can look similar and yet be different. The mesh that we chose is tough stuff; we've never had a pack returned for ripped mesh. And if you were looking at the J104 version of the pack, then you will have noticed that, although it wasn't really needed, we reinforced the mesh with a webbing border and cross-strap, mainly to reassure skeptics that we were thinking about what we were doing. So, embrace the mesh for what it's meant for -- for cooling hot meat, or for letting your wet waders dry, or whatever. And if you say you've used something like it before, I have to ask where, because I'm pretty sure there's ever been a pack made like this before. Finally on this subject, if mesh isn't for you, then try one of our packs without it -- we make 'em both ways. But before you do, why don't you try a Zip-in Panel, or a Spike Camp Duffel, to make the expansion compartment into the thing you want? That's why we made 'em, so that guys could make the pack do what they want it to do. And I have to say that turning the main compartment into a standard solid-fronted pack compartment is, well, unimaginative. What we have right now is a great deal more versatile. Ok, now (really) finally on this subject, I'll say that if you're still skeptical about the worthiness of the mesh-fronted compartment, take a closer look at the picture of the great big Ely bull that Ed Yenick posted on this site, and that's on the Eberlestock website. The pack in the pic is undergoing some serious stress, and it's performing just as it was made to -- and it was still in such good shape after doing that that the hunter gave it to the guide as part of his tip.

Now, on the subject of zippers: I'll tell you that I'm picky about them because I've replaced enough of them that I don't ever want to do it again. So, basically, again we come to an issue of quality. Just as there are cars and then there are good cars, there are zippers and then there are good zippers. The J104 has zippers that are made to last a long time. And, most importantly, I think this is the detail of the pack that you missed: The main zipper isn't necessary; the pack works wonderfully in incremental expansion, just as you say you wish it would. It's designed so that it can be gradually expanded if the zipper's unfastened. In fact, it works great with the zip-in panel in there, which zips into the expansion zipper. You just use the compression straps to hold the pack where you want it -- giving it exactly the kind of infinite adjustment that you say you'd like. And from my own experience, the great big compression straps and buckles that we use are much nicer and more serious than the itty-bitty type that I'm guessing you might be used to from other packs. Hope you're not suggesting we switch. The main point is, I don't think you're going to have a zipper failure. But if it does happen on this pack, it isn't the kind of failure that's going to strand you on the mountain, and then, yes, that warranty will serve you just fine. Again, I think that if you consider that the zipper has more purpose than to just hold the pack in its compact mode (the straps do that without the zipper), and look at the pack as a total system, you'll see that maybe the zipper has a purpose too. And a part of that purpose is to keep the pack in the tightest possible package when it's compact.

I appreciate your comment about your tripod wearing out the pockets. But we do already line those pockets with nylon, so it's not just the exterior pack cloth that we're dealing with. Since every detail like heavier cloth adds weight and complexity (hey this thing's gotta come off of a sewing machine, give us a break!) well, I guess at some point you have to hope that guys will at least make an attempt to take care of their equipment. If you think you might wear 'em out with the pokey parts of your tripod, would you do me a personal favor and drop an old glove or something in there to pad it? ;-)

Sincerely, Wes, we enjoy and appreciate a good, detailed critique like yours. And the truth is, our packs are different from what you're used to. On purpose. It's guys like you, who wear them day in and day out, that I really hope will appreciate and enjoy the packs. Phil Shoemaker's no push-over; have you read his post? And I've had several other guides call me up who were barely able to hold their breath, they were so excited that somebody finally made a pack that would make their huntin'and fishin' trips what they wanted them to be. In fact, I had a great call before Christmas from a fellow up in Alberta named Steve Chorney who had just gotten his pack, and he was so amazed that he called the editor of Alberta Sportsmen magazine and told him to pull the article that he had already submitted -- it was well past the deadline, and the magazine was going to hit the newsstands the next week, but Steve wanted to tell his readers that he finally found the pack he'd been looking for for the last three years. I'm not telling you this to brag, and I know that some people like apples and some people like oranges, so not everyone who sees a Just One is going to have that reaction, but I'll just say that I'm both honored and grateful for that kind of response; grateful because, well, because I'm again honored that someone would feel that something we provide really makes a difference for them. I hope you try one out someday, and I hope that it pleases you in every way.

Best regards, and Happy New Year,
Glen Eberle

LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-05 AT 10:08PM (MST)[p]Wes
I've been playing around with my JustOne and found that using the scabbard for a spotter works great and for all I know it was by design, but I didn't see anything in the litrature about using it this way. If you're guiding or won't be carrying a rifle it works great.

I have a Bogen tripod and pistol grip head, and a 65mm Swarovski scope which I carried in my old pack in three seperate pieces. It took way too long to take them out of three pockets and assemble everything before I could use it. With this pack they stay assembled and I slip the tripod into the scabbard. The tripod and grip are just the right length so that the spotter rests on top of the pack and is almost perfectly centered with the barrel of the scope above the water bladders. There's even an adjustable buckle strap right there that fits around the spotter to keep it secure. The feet of the tripod are just above the bottom of the scabbard so it won't wear on it although as you mentioned that area is well reinforced.

The only problem with this is the bulky leg adjustment knobs on this particular tripod don't slide out easily, so you cant pull it out without taking off the pack. But it's miles ahead of using three seperate pockets.

Take care,
Oakbuck

Just ordered one from cabelas in the bargin bin for 169. after shipping it is 182, can't wait for it to get here :)

Mine should be here today my buddy ordered his and got it on monday say's it's way sweet I need to go to eberlestocks website and order the rain cover and meat sack for it.

I have the swarovski ats 80 spotting scope with the new cover on it. I have an old 2800 badlands pack that is in need of replacing. My question is which one of these new packs has its own place to put this scope in ?

Is this pack waterproof? If so why do they sell the raincover? Is it to cover it when its expanded?

My spotting scope fits in one of the side pouches. The waterproof cover is to keep it waterproof when it is expanded as well as to keep mud off of the pack if you set it down. I am wearing mine quite a bit and have loved it from day one.

Drummond

Is the pack very comfortable. I have a Dwight Schuch back pack that I absolutely love. What I love most about it is the external frame allows air to circulate between my back and the pack. It keeps me much cooler and I don't seem to have those huge sweat rings on my back. How does the Just one feel when a heavy load is on your back?

Thanks,
IB

Got mine on sale at Cabela's for $169. Based my decision on what all was said here. It's a nice pack, but I don't know if it'll serve for a 3-4 day backpack hunt; not enough room for gear and deer. Maybe for a bivouack hunt and certainly for a long day hunt, no doubt. Been gearing up for this year's season. Got a lightweight, solo REI Roadster tent, tiny Snow Peak Giga Power butane stove, and 6.5 lb. Savage 11FL .308 w/3-9X40mm Weaver Grand Slam; also looking to pick up a new Reflex Grizzly compound bow. Most of my hunts have been weekenders out of a camper shelled '81 Toyota 4X4. Hoping to bivy out a time or two to change my luck.

If you purchase the Spike Camp Duffel which fits inside the pack opened up, you can throw your gear in it, set up camp, and close it to resume hunting. When you get your deer, put it the mesh internal compartment, strap the Spike Camp Duffel on the outside along with tent, bag and trophy rack/cape, and hike out.

I am planning a week long spike-in hunt in Colorado this September with the Just One. The 4100ci is more than enough for the spike camp for me, and 6100ci filled up with camp and deer is as much or more than I can carry out.

Ed

Let me ask you guys something about the pack because I'm as dense as plutonium. I can't find that "patented cam expansion system." Where is it? To me a cam is a lobed wheel and I don't find nothing like that on the pack. When I unzip the center part to expand it, the zipper goes to the bottom of the pack and it does expand some, but it doesn't look like the pictures where the long vertical side pockets seem to move outwards from the back of the pack to its sides. All I wind up with is a long V with the zipper clip at the bottom and a little more room, but it doesn't look like it's gone from 2000 cubic inches to 4100 c.i., as advertised. All I got with the pack from Cabela's was a small folded 5X5 card, but no instructions. On the card, the cam expansion system arrow appears to point either to the lower compression webbing or the webbing's buckle. I'm stumped.

This may be a stupid question but are you sure you have the J104 and not the GSO4? I also think that they had some proto types out and have added some new stuff to the J104. Maybe you have one of them. The best thing would be to talk to Glen Eberle. You could call or email him and I am sure he could answer all the questions. He is the owner and designer of the pack. Contact details are at the website. Good luck

Happy trails
Ridge Runner
"Now Pilgrim,you sure you can skin grizz"

BigPig,
I previously saw them listed on Cabela's web site listed in the Bargain Cave, but not any longer.

I probally bought the last one from Cabelas bargain cave.YEA!!!!
After reading all the posts about this great pack, I had to pull the trigger!!!!

Ridge Runner, big mystery solved! I just had to completely unzip the thing for it to open up and expand. Looks great, now I can plan that bivy hunt!!! Yehawww, I'm a slow learner but eventually I get there. I was unzipping the pack to the bottom but leaving the zipper still attached to the opposite side, hence the aforementioned long "V". I think all this advertised talk about a "patented cam system" had me looking for something that wasn't there (I still don't understand what "cam" they're talking about). Anyhow, I'm in business now, the pack looks like it'll do just fine.

I believe the "cam system" is the way the two side pockets
"cam" out and away when you unzip it all the way. Think of it the way a cam lifts the string up and away on a cam type bow.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-05 AT 09:49AM (MST)[p]So is there anywhere else you can buy now at a better price? I sure like the $169 formerly at Cabelas over the $223 direct from eberlestock.

Pig I bought mine through cabelas in Jan for $200 then they went down to $169 I called them and they sent me the $30 in a gift certificate, now that great service. Russ

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-05 AT 08:36PM (MST)[p]I picked up a back pack at the Utah Sportsmans Expo last sat. the GUNSLINGER GS04 $129.00 has anybody had any experience with this pack ?

I finally got to see one of these packs yesterday at Sportsman's in Denver...price listed was $199 and I would've jumped on it, but the only one they had was in Green (I'd prefer Hardwoods Grey). I can say this; without adjusting the straps or internal frame guides this pack felt like it was built specifically for my back. Currently, these packs are sold-out (direct from Eberlestock) so does anybody have an idea when I can get one??? Also, does anyone have any experience with Eberlestock's custom rifle stocks???

One nice thing about the owner of Eberlestock, is he a member of MM so I'm sure if you read all the post's above, you can find a way to get a hold of him. I'm hoping to find one out here to try, from what I have heard they are one of the best can't wait to try one.

I would like to buy one also but see they won't have any until June. Any idea where to buy one?

hey Gator, i am not sure if anyone has responded, but Glen's email address is [email protected] and his number is (208) 866-5695.

Has anyone looked at the CRANE. I want something to pack in for a 7 day and I do not think the Just one is big enough. it does not come out till June.

BearCat

Is this pack hip belt to ride above your hips, on the top of your hip bones, or wrap around your hips midway up. Going to Wyoming and am having trouble getting it to fit right. More from lack of knowledge than the pack design. Thanks for any advice.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom