Echo-Henefer in Utah ?

B

Bifurcation

Just curious if anyone hunted the muzz there. I crawled up the south cliffs and hiked about 3 miles in and saw 12 deer with a small 3x4 being the biggest. I saw 3 times as many elk as deer and easily one of the biggest bull moose I've ever seen in my life. Any info from anyone ?

Bifurcation,

I hunt southeast of there and we saw quite a few bucks. We ended up taking 2 really nice 4 points 25 inches and 27 inches wide. The other 2 bucks were decent size 3 points. Where you hunted it is a little lower and the deer are hanging up at little higher elevation. Interested to know who's ground you were hunting....I know there is some United Sportsman ground down that way but everything else is private ground. There are a ton of Moose and Elk in there as well.. The snow may help push a few bucks down to where you were hunting you may want to give it another go before the hunt ends....

most if the area is private, but theres some public up top. It's more of a horse and elk area.

Jmalm,
The state ground cuts a lot farther south than most people think. How did you come up ? And what elevation are you hunting ?

I actually hunt on the chalk creek area...it's all private. We own ground in there... I am just below Thousand peaks, if you know where that is... The elevation is only around 8000 ft. so it's not much higher.... So all told I am quite a ways to the south of you. If they would just move the muzz hunt back to the late hunt you would be seeing some monsters in that area....This snow should help though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom