Economy and Special Draw Odds?

Daxter

Very Active Member
I noticed last year that draw odds had improved for the mediocre units. In the past, region D deer tags were not 100% odds, but last year you could get it as a leftover. I wonder if the number of people putting in for the "special" draw in 2009 will be down due to the poor economy? I don't expect great odds for unit 82 or 128 tags, but I wonder if it will be easier to draw some of the less desired tags and regions G and H in the "special" and regular draws this year?

Surprisingly, I heard that 2009 UT big game applications were up 20% over last year, but I am still holding out hope that WY odds will be better this year. What do you think?

Dax

If what you heard about UT is true, it's likely because non-residents can now apply for everything.

Special elk applications in WY were down about 5.3% this year over last year, 3992 vs. 4215. Region D applications may have been down last years simply because people didn't want to burn points on a marginal hunting area, and didn't realize that they would be able to draw it second choice. I don't expect the odds to change much in the popular areas this year, including G and H.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom