ECV

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Amoung other crazy or worthwhile things, depends how you look at it, i've done in my life, about 15 years ago i took a long ride to a old gold dredge site near modesto and joined up with chapter 58 E Clampus Vitus and became what is known as a Clamper. We arrived in a motorhome chalk full of redshirts, us 3 poor uncertain candidates, and bags full of various empty beverage bottles. I had a Blast! One of the very best times i ever had in my life!

I've since joined several other outfits and we even have our own Chapter, 1911, now in Chester.

Any other Clamper Brothers out there?

PC_THE_GREAT is the Founder of ECV.. LOL

My brother was a member until he passed away from a cycle accident 17 years ago. Tried to get me to join but I didn't drink like he did, in my youth, no one could keep up with me..LOL

Brian

Steve,

It's a mens group like elks, lions, eagles... You probably seen our bronze plaques that mark sites of history along side roads and in front of old buildings around Kali and Nev. Supposedly Clamper justice was big in the gold rush days, say a guy jumped someones claim and killed the miner. Well, the clampers took the place of lack of or no lawmen in those days and made sure the crook got hung. I don't know how much of that is true but the Clamper org. is very big in gold country. We do help widows and orphans with help however needed and give our time and moneys to the community similar to the other groups.

I would say that when it gets down to some serious drinking, the Clampers might just win the prize if there was one. When i joined, it was one serious long weekend of party. I mentioned in other posts that i don't drink anymore, been over 10 years and many Clampers don't drink either... but a lot do. Maybe not now so much but in years past many high up Judges, Mayors, Congressmen and such were Clampers. There are easy over 100 in our little town alone, mostly small business owners, construction guys, and semi retired fellows. We have our own bar downtown and are set up pretty good to make a temporary party, complete with some awsome grub for hundreds of brothers from all over the state, just about anywhere, anytime, or for any reason that our members vote or greybeards choose.

I learned not to have ideas or suggest improvements that i thought needed doing during the monthly meetings. Well, about as long as it takes to second the motion, i got put in charge... i like to think that i helped to get some good things done in our chapter. I'm not that active anymore but new guys join every 6 months. Overall, great bunch of guys that gets together once in awhile for lots of laughs and a darn good time.

Joey- sounds like a good group to belong to. It's nice to be part of an organization that helps others. I'm the secretary of our local sportmans group, Santa Maria Valley Sportmans Association. We do a lot for youth hunters, youth fishing derby's, and some stuff for the F&G like building guzzlers and such. It's a good group of guys and it feels good to give back. It sounds corny but it is the truth. Our club averages about 225 members but theres normally only about 15 or 20 of us that actually participate in the activities. The others only join so that they can participate in the big buck contest at the end of the deer season. We've got a rinky dink website if you want to see what we are about. Its www.SMVSA.org . Gettin' late...need to hit the sack. Later.

Steve

I'm a member of chapter 1004. I just recently returned to Cali, so I haven't been in touch with the group in a number of years.

Senjo99, Glad you dropped in to say howdy. I didn't get the responce, on this thread, that i expected from the Clamper Brothers but from past experience, i can understand if they wish to keep their extra cirricular activities seperate.lol. I'm of chapters 58, 8, and 1911 here in Chester. What say the brotherin? Hang the bastard!lol

Anyway, being you're just back, probably didn't get in the draw for a mulie tag. You got a good hunting spot waiting for you, do ya? Good luck and stop in here once in awhile! Some good folks!

Joey

I've been following/reading MM for several years, just haven't posted in a long time. I'm currently going to school, so i haven't had much time to hunt. However, I may still try to squeeze in a short hunt this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom