Egg Salad Sandwiches - Basic!!

Blank

Long Time Member
Got the girls on the airplane to Tucson this afternoon, so batching it for a week. We have a new great-grand baby, and its a GrandMa thing I guess!!
smile.gif

Regular buns, rotisserie chicken, eggs, mayo and relish, and lots of cayenne and red pepper flakes. That spicy Chipotle packs a punch too.

540E6BA1-8D8B-40AE-A1C9-316EAAAF42DE_1_201_a.jpeg

D6B55A05-6EBB-45B1-BEA3-C69FD90871E9_1_201_a.jpeg

Looks delicious. If I ate all the crepes, beignets, or kolaches I WANT, I would weigh 400 pounds!!!

I've never had a crepe!
Don’t know about crepes ODW, but with your talent, you’d make delicious Danish Cakes.

In a large mixing bowl add:
2 cups Luke warm milk
1.5 cups of flour
Blend, then add
1/4 cup of melted butter
3 eggs
3 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Mix together.

You should end up with a pretty thin batter.

In a medium sized skillet, add a teaspoon of butter, heat on medium heat.

When hot, add one to two table spoons of batter, round it around and let the batter thinning out in the skillet. Cook until golden brown and maybe a (little bit) crispy.

Serve hot.

Lay out on plate, lay down a line of chopped peachers, or sugared and chopper thawed blacker/raspberry blend, or thin sliced fresh strawberries. Cover the fruit with powered sugar, cover fruit and sugar with with heavy cream or whipped cream. Wrap the sides around the fruit, sugar and cream. Lay a second line of fruit across the top of the folded up crepe, add more powered auger and cream.

Put on your bib and go for it.

4986DF06-2BE0-4982-BBC3-86D27B583248.jpeg

D3F2D33E-2209-4EA6-AECC-D8DD22C45C09.jpeg

Don’t know about crepes ODW, but with your talent, you’d make delicious Danish Cakes.

In a large mixing bowl add:
2 cups Luke warm milk
1.5 cups of flour
Blend, then add
1/4 cup of melted butter
3 eggs
3 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Mix together.

You should end up with a pretty thin batter.

In a medium sized skillet, add a teaspoon of butter, heat on medium heat.

When hot, add one to two table spoons of batter, round it around and let the batter thinning out in the skillet. Cook until golden brown and maybe a (little bit) crispy.

Serve hot.

Lay out on plate, lay down a line of chopped peachers, or sugared and chopper thawed blacker/raspberry blend, or thin sliced fresh strawberries. Cover the fruit with powered sugar, cover fruit and sugar with with heavy cream or whipped cream. Wrap the sides around the fruit, sugar and cream. Lay a second line of fruit across the top of the folded up crepe, add more powered auger and cream.

Put on your bib and go for it.

View attachment 75684

View attachment 75685
Sounds good. I might give them a try.

In the last two weeks or so, I bought lots of strawberries, blueberries & raspberries on sale & converted them to thick toppings for my ice cream treat at about 8 p.m. each night. I store them in 2 & 4 oz. plastic containers in the freezer. So they would prolly be good on crepes, too.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom