Elevated Box Blind

oklahunter

I am getting ready to buy a elevated box blind and am trying to figure out what material would be best for long life. I would like, due to the expense and work, for a blind to last At least 20 years. What material (fiberglass, aluminum, wood siding) would be the longest lasting? I live in Oklahoma so the hot sun beating on it would take a toll along with yearly hail storms. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have seen the lower cost polyethylene ones that look like they are 10 to 20 years old. They will eventually deteriorate but with the low cost you can just buy another one after 15 years.

The polyethylene ones are light and pretty easy easy to move. In Saskatchewan they had to remove them all from the forest after the season. I have saw one person move them by themselves with an ATV with a trailer.

An aluminum one will be very expensive.

In Idaho we use what we have laying around

0363D90B-AFBC-4ABB-8D88-D96837194A11.png

steel pipe legs, angle iron frame, and wood siding. have anouther one just like it but tin siding, metal roof. this is my lil hunting buddy's stand. (My Sister in law)'

17239658_1385686518119322_8807370379949949521_o.jpg

17311190_1385687831452524_2043259686718222596_o.jpg

Here in the forest of Arkansas, we have all kinds. I personally prefer the wood boxes. They are much quieter than metal. If you use treated lumber and decent plywood with a good grade of exterior paint they will last 20 years no problem.

Wanted to let everyone know that I decided on a HB Hunting blind. I really like it, all metal, windows that slide up and lock in place, all carpeted. I got the 10’ platform.I think it will last a long time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom