Elk 22s late rifle

brix5400

Arizona game and fish called the other day and offered me a 22s late rifle tag and with having 0 bonus pts going into the draw this year I took it. I am excited for my first elk hunting experience and Arizona and I'm very aware that this will be a very tough hunt. My question is if you look at the success rates of the late rifle hunts there is much better succes in 22s than north averaging around 60% for the south vs 25% for the north but there are supposed to be a lot more elk in the northern half of the unit. I am just curious about why the dramatic difference in succes rates. Anyway I'm excited about the hunt and figure with 0 pts it beats otc in Colorado any day!

South is more open.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Unfortunately i was not able to go. My father and hunting partner started having chest tightness on his third rifle elk hunt in unit 40 Colorado after some testing when he got home he ended up needing 5 bypasses but on a good note he is doing great and will hopefully be released from the hospital tomorrow.

Hey guys-

Just some clarification: a recent draw odds sheet I read showed all NR's over 6 PP's drew a 22N late rifle tag? Does that sound right?

I have (8) points. I drew a WY unit 54-1 tag 2 years ago in late Nov and had a blast. I love cold conditions and post rut bulls.

Question:
1.) Is 22N known to produce bulls over 330"
2.) Is it steep? or just thick?
3.) Would you do 27 late vs. unit 22N late

Thanks-
Chris

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-18 AT 11:43PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-18 AT 11:42?PM (MST)

That is correct, 5 nr with 6 and one with 12 drew 22n late #3026 in the Bonus Pass draw.

27 took 11.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom