Elk/Deer leases in CO? Are they almost nonexistent?

crcountry

How hard is it to find a medium/large parcel to lease in Colorado? Like a $30-40k+, mountain lease, with deer, elk, bear, turkey's? Maybe a rustic cabin on it? Lease for the entire season so 10 buddies can carve out 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th season and spread people over the entire month of Oct/Nov? Acreage isn't as important as other factors....like neighbors, BLM inholdings, OTC unit, simple deer draw, being in a decent spot/area, etc. I've never seen a parcel listed on MM....I'm gathering they only come up for public availability if they're not all that great!?? Not looking for monsters, just decent populations of deer/elk where everyone can attempt to be successful....and we can go back every year without others paying for trespass fees.

I suppose that for $300,000 + you might be able to talk a rancher into a lease. If you do the math you will understand. Possible example: 4 seasons ,10 hunters per season, $7,000 per hunter yields about $280,000 just for elk alone add for the other species and you get the picture. There are not many ranches in Colorado that are the size you mention...really rare with the game you mention.

There is a ton of places in Co that you can do that… it’s called public land. Best part it is free. With a little bit of knowledge of animal habitat and behavior you can punch a tag or multiple tags every year, they won’t be monsters but the opportunity is absolutely there. I’m with sage man. Co waterfowling has already gotten commercialized enough. The pay to play stuff isn’t needed out west. But hey if you want to throw money like that, you can probably some decent outfitters.

Yeah....I understand. Gotta love SD....the state doesn't allow any NR waterfowl hunting without a 7-day permit. They don't want NR's coming in and leasing the waterfowl land up.

I hope it never turns into a rich mans game. I used to lease ground in Texas, And 10-15 years ago it was kind of affordable. But now it’s ridiculous. It would be 1500-3000 a year for a decent now it more like 5000-7000 for the same thing.

Yep like already said. Most outfitters would have that sort of thing already tied up. You may find one but plan on competing on the price with an outfitter,

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom