Elk/Deer Unit 27 Vanity Lakes, Langer and Seafoam areas

M

MarkinIdaho

Hello, all. I just found this forum - glad I did as I've not had much luck in recent research.

I went to the F&G website looking at hunting success stats and saw that unit 27 had some decent statistics. Of course, I immediately noticed most of it is in the wilderness area. Now, I'm not adverse to packing in someplace, but my 12 year old might be... if you get my drift.

Anyway, looking at my topos, it seems like there is a "bubble" of non-wilderness, roaded areas at the Southern end of unit 27, allowing for some hiking in to the wilderness as well. I also saw concurrent mule deer and elk seasons starting Sept. 15.

I will be going up that way in early August to camp with the family and will do some scouting as well. From looking at the topos it seems like spot and stalk would be in order near Vanity lakes and Langer. Down by Seafoam, it appears to be a lot more brushy.

Anyway, has anyone here hunted elk and deer in this area of unit 27? Any insight?

Also, we are camping this Summer a bit further South at Bull Trout Lake and will scout that area as well. I believe this is unit 35.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Mark

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom