elk east of beaver

chasemike

Going to help a old guy that is 73 east of beaver. He was drawn
for a archey hunt. Well I am the packer I have never hunted elk. I guess there was one non res tag. Any one area we should be looking at? He order maps. I have been looking at google earth.
Hate to ask a dumb question, are they in the rut at this time? Hes a lucky guy this year, great elk tag in Arizona for elk, very good tag in Nev for elk, and another archey tag for mule deer late in rubys. Hes a very happy person. Thanks Mike

Congrats on a great unit, not sure areas that are easily accessible for a 73 year old? Getting him far enough in will be your number one challenge, but should be fun trying. Rut should just start as the hunt ends. Calling will increase daily at the end, but you should be able to pull bulls most of the last week even if they aren't vocal. That's the only good thing about Utahs dates he will have plenty of the Arizona season left so he won't have to choose one.

He can walk ,three to four miles depending how steep it is. Maybe I can talk to him going the last week. He is hunting Arizona for sure. He is giving up is elk tag in Nev. I think it it was area 72, not sure if it was a great unit or not.It will be fun.

Hi Mike,

I have archery hunted up there for deer quite a bit, we have seen a few nice bulls on old clear cuts, take the road up to Lake Lebaron from Beaver and there are a couple of these old fire roads that are gated off at the end, so you will have better walking for the guy you are helping, I was up there two years ago and heard some bugling but that was in Black Powder season so just after Archery season. And thanks again for the tips on Unit 6 in Nevada!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom