Elk euro pedestal

Deerlove

Long Time Member
Need to find a way to mount elk on top of pedestal European mount not the side of the pedestal on top anybody seen any attachments out there? Thanks for looking.

20221226_143858.jpg

Skull hooker has a couple different brackets and a pole tree or part of a pole tree that you could possibly attach?

Good thinking Jim I've got the full skull hooker tree that's about 5 ft tall I just need something short that would screw on top of that pedestal

You could use the base of the tree hooker and then just add one post. That may not be what you are looking for though. Another option would be something similar to the table hooker. I have a couple table hookers but they likely aren't design for a large skull and elk antlers. If you have any shop skills you could possibly make something similar to the table hooker out of wood that would be strong enough to support an elk skull/horns.

There was a taxidermist here in Herriman, Utah that made these super sick pivoting pedestal mounts for the wall that were super sick. They were called 'antlers in motion'

I made a copy for my buddy Curtis at Monarch Mountain Taxidermy in 2010. I then went and bought an 'antlers in motion' one for my 2010 san juan bull.

Here's some pics of the ones the guy out in Herriman made as mounted in my shop. If anyone remembers who that was, please post up the contact info as I need another right away for my 2020 Wy bull.

I can't find him anymore and that term 'antlers in motion' only shows my posts on here and other forums of my setup.

If no one remembers where those came from, I will be making a new one next week. My neighbor at my shop does cnc plasma cutting and is a welder and will have me sorted here shortly.

Here's the pics of what I have and the one I want to get up on the wall of new design studio. I could make multiple copies if someone else wants some thing similar.

Cheers,
Pete

IMG_3341.JPG

IMG_3342.JPG

WP_20200921_10_37_28_Pro__highres.JPG

Last edited:
Back to the original question....

Could make one of those arms to go off that timber that would look super sick !!!

I could even think about mounting a timber like that in the corner up high in my studio for this bull and have the pivoting extender out into the room !!!

Just something old guys do when they're ready to retire to the barn for a double to take the edge off the day :)

Cheers, Pete

IMG_3339.JPG

Last edited:
There it is. Sam Raby !!!! Thanks hogg_65

Is Sam still making those things? Any contact info?

I don’t think the website is still available but I found the above link at McKenzie. You may be able to find them still at a taxidermy supply?

That would be a great option if you can find or make one similar to fit on a pedestal. I actually have a thread-all on my elk pedestal that allows me to swivel it different directions. With a European you could actually attach the skull to a wood base that could be swiveled. There are lots of options.

Actually found Sam's number !!! He's retired now and moved to Price. He has a few of the Animals In Motion Mounts left and said if there's enough interest he could make more.

I picked up a new arm for my older one and a new heavy duty one for my latest 2020 elk. Hoping to get that one on the wall in a week or so.

Here's the older one again with the shorter arm and the new mount. I'll post pics one once it's up !!!

These things are pretty expensive, but just so cool. YMMV though

Message me if you are serious and I'll get you his number.

Cheers,
Pete

IMG_3511.JPG

PTMIE5693.JPG

To the op, if you don't find what you are looking for, my shop could make something custom. Shoot me a message if you are interested. We have water jet, laser, welding, and cnc capabilities.

Got my 2020 WY mount on the wall, but need a longer arm to to get the rock base in there proper.

Shout out to Mike and his son Hunter at Millcreek Taxidermy for for the incredible work and helping me get him home and on the wall.

Here’s hoping Sam has a 6” longer arm. His animals in motion mounts are just so cool ?

Cheers, Pete

3A5557B8-7372-49B0-83D8-5B507D7F958B.jpeg

864EB8E4-B197-4DE3-B6AD-18A709484140.jpeg

5CF85592-CFDA-4B5B-9524-40B1A8C541E2.jpeg

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom