ELK HUNTING / ROAD CLOSURES

Simo42

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP!IM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION THAT WOULD GIVE ME LOCATIONS WHERE OLD LOGGING ,FOREST SERVICE, OR BLM ROADS WOULD BE SHUT DOWN EITHER PERMANETLY OR FOR PERIODS DURING HUNTING SEASONS. WOULD THERE BE A MAP THAT MAY HAVE THIS INFO FOR EACH AREA??
THANKS,SIMO

i had saw the closures in the regs but only mentions rifle seasons as far as i could tell. looking to hunt in the silvies unit archery. will check with fs. just starting to do research so looking for areas i could pack in a couple miles and get away from vehicle traffic.

LAST EDITED ON May-04-09 AT 07:12PM (MST) by browtine (admin)[p]FYI on hunting Sylvies. I was through Burns Friday and stopped by the forest service. There was big fire a couple of years ago (egley fire). Due to the passage of time, i was under the impression the road closure from that had opened up. apparently not yet. Of course that could change before hunting season. Anyway, there is a large area that has the roads closed but i don't know how good it would be for archery. Whats closed was all burned in 07. I know the elk are back in there(and loving it) but may be pretty open country for Archery

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/malheur/index.shtml

Here is the link for the website where you can find the current map. If you want to play in the burn area, i can help you some also.

thanks for the continued help i will most likely have a look see.gonna get my pref. point tomorrow then pick up my tag while on my scouting trip.
simo

Back
Top Bottom