Elk in Durham?

Twoducks

I I was told that this was Hit by a car just south of Butte College overpass on Monday or Tuesday I heard they think it came down the feather river to the valley
7B4ABE01-3546-415B-8356-C54D9861907C.png
I
7B4ABE01-3546-415B-8356-C54D9861907C.png

If I remember correctly, there is or was an exotic animal farm off of Hwy 99 and the hwy that cuts over to Oroville..maybe they had a runaway?

Yes, its true. I know one of the officers who responded. Lady who ht it said it was a deer lol big damn deer!

Fish & Wildlife said it was a Rocky MTN not tule bull.

that's about all they could do....because DNA c
Local warden is testing DNA to see if its from the Humbug valley heard …
Mike
that's about all they can do.....DNA will not determine differences between Tule, Rocky or Roosevelt....

Homer, rumor has it that it is a red stag. Evidently migrated up from the Argentina Plateaus. Elk herds are expanding throughout the north state. Roosevelts are approaching the eastern Coast Range foothills and Tule have been seen between Corning and Red Bluff. Another nail in the coffin for our struggling deer herds.

If a lion or wolf doesn't eat em, somebody runs em over. Saw a ded cow elk 3 weeks ago just up frm the Oroville Bridge. Hit by a car. Looked smaller like a tule? Maybe rockys frm squaw valley or Antelope area. Long ways tho.

My guess is it came down from Humbug Valley, really isn't all that far. I would be a suprise to see him standing in the middle of highway 90 though. :oops:

My guess is it came down from Humbug Valley, really isn't all that far. I would be a suprise to see him standing in the middle of highway 90 though. :oops:
About 43 miles as the bullet flies... not that far for a elk to cover, anybody who has hunted them knows how those things can cover ground... its a shame the way it ended for him.
Mike

About 43 miles as the bullet flies... not that far for a elk to cover, anybody who has hunted them knows how those things can cover ground... its a shame the way it ended for him.
Mike

It is a shame. I haven't seen one up there yet but I sure would like to.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom