Elk mount ideas.....

Cookie2

Very Active Member
Ok guys, I got this nice bull and now I'm faced with a dilema. You see, I live in a mobile home and am "blessed" with 7' ceilings. I have been looking all over the internet trying to get ideas on what's out there and it just ain't working. does anybody know of a site where they have lots of mounts I could look at? I'm leaning towards a pedestal with right turn bugling, but not set in stone by no means.

Cookie, how about sideways, or laying on the ground. Just joking.
There is not good suggestion that i know of.

Our old house we had a elk mount and basically the bottom of it was about 2 feet off the ground, touched the ceiling, and took up a third of the room.

When we moved to Weed we knew that we needed a trophy room with high ceilings. Got to get the wife to go along with you though. Next time your up here in Weed come by and see me and i will show you what we did.

I'm leaning towards full sneak, right turn and then a twist to the left bugling. It's gonna be a heck of a chore for my taxi but he says its not too big of a problem. He will have to be on a pedestal but I don't have a problem with that. The wife is the best as she is all for getting him mounted although she DOES say that this is going to be the only one I get mounted but we will have to talk about it next year when I get my 360!

...don't know if this will help you or not--but I had one shoulder mounted that doesn't look quite as big as yours (you can see it over on the "Show me your 300s" thread). Head turned slightly to its right. That mount is 72" tall. I know this because despite the good wife's objections, I had every intent of hanging this boy above our fireplace. Long story short, there is only 70" of vertical space between the top of the fireplace mantel and the ceiling--it didn't fit.

I think a sneak is your best bet.

Research Mannikins has a form thats a 90 degree turn, with head up bugling and antlers down in the back...low profile...Check it out...it looks cool! I have ordered it for my bull...and no matter what, you now need a game room!

Yeah, a game room would be nice but I think if I start building it's going to be a whole house instead of just a game room. I think that mannikin is going to be what I end up going with but we are going to alter it so the head is twisted a little to the left giving more wall clearance.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom