Elk Outfitter Recomendations

Eastern_mule

Hey guys, not a newbie here, but rarely ever post, just a viewer. Last post was long enough ago I had to re-register. Planning a elk trip in 2023, by then will have 5 points. Looking for outfitter recomendations. I'm just looking for a respectable bull. I've done several DIY hunts with limited success and ready to get it done. I don't have a huge budget, this is the first time I've chose to go with an outfitter, normally do DIY and pay trespass fee on private land deer and antelope. So this is probably a one shot deal for me...so looking to spend it wisely. Savery Creek Outfitters is one I've been looking at, few in the Big Horns area as well. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sorry to be a plick but if you've done several DIY hunts then you no doubt have some advice or experiences to offer on at least a few topics on here. However, you've chosen to be "just a viewer" - until you need info from others. I wish you good luck on your hunt and I hope in the future you're willing to share what you've learned.

With 5 points you are probably going to be hunting in a General unit with possibly a few exceptions.

You need to decide what type of hunt you are looking for. It could be a horseback hunt 25 miles into the Thorofare or a private ranch in Central or Eastern Wyoming.

You say you don't have a huge budget but a one on one elk hunt with a good outfitter in Wyoming is probably going to be in the $6,500 range or more.

Thanks, 6,500 to 7,500 is budget I had in mind. I'll take either style hunt. I'm more focused on finding a good outfitter hunt. Thanks!

The Wyoming Guides And Outfitters Association puts out this magazine. This doesn't have all the Wyoming Outfitters in it, just the ones in WGOA.

https://wyoga.org/view-wyoming-outdoors/

I don't know where you are located But the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA is a good one to go to. Probably a dozen or more Wyoming outfitters you can talk to face to face. (I booked a hunt there this year). The SCI show isn't that good for smaller outfitters.

I would try to book two years ahead. Good outfitters will book up.

If you are going to pay to hunt then I would hunt private land. One exception might be the Thorofare, It's so difficult to get into there aren't many people there.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom