Elk rifle 49

Adventurewriter

Very Active Member
Thorough my buddy who is a guide I drew 49 elk rifle as my last choice. He is a really solid guy, excellent hunter and super fit damn tri athlete!!! He has hunted extensively the other first two choices but not this unit. He has a cabin in Angel Fire. I know he will scout and as I will several times this summer, but any information is gold and love to hear any experience there. Thanks!!

Drew an Archery Mule Deer tag for same unit. I've hunted Unit 45 to the south but my Aunt bought a condo in Angel Fire so I now have a place to stay with running water. Seen some pretty nice animals up there in January while on a Ski trip. Of Course they were all in town. Hopefully someone can give you and/or me some Advice or where to start. I'll be getting boots on the ground in late July. to return early September for the Hunt. I'm stoked.

Hey Adventure, I have some info on that unit that I gave earlier this year which I can’t share that, but maybe if he kills out early and there some good bulls still running around maybe he’ll PM ya! He seems like a great guy that’ll help other people out like we on here always try

Joe

Joe that would be great...got a few things to go on and busier than I would like to be with work and such and not sure if I will be able to make it down to scout as much as I would like. I use to do tons of solo but anymore really like going with someone and my buddy is great guy...that is what I am most looking forward to....a chance at decent bull would be a bonus!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom