elk round steak

257nut

does anyone have a good recipe for elk round steak or something with ground elk meat other than burgers
thnks

You can make taco meat,Italian sausage for spaghetti, chili.I also take large chunks, as large as I can cut and bbq, than on a meat slicer cut extra thin, generally marinated, and any part of the animal, no matter how tough,it will be as tender as can be.

Cut in medium sized chunks, brown in frying pan and crock pot with McCormick brown gravy mix or beef stew mix for about 6-8 hours -until tender. Good over mashed potatoes or rice. Add vegetables for last hour in crock pot for a great stew.

Season and brown then crockpot low 3-4 hours with 2 cans cream of mushroom soup about a half or so package Au jus or brown gravy mix. Use the gravy for the mash potatoes too.

Not going in detail with the recipes as you can follow any recipe for the mentioned and get the same results. But there are numerous ways to fix elk round steak besides grilled, broiled. Cubed and made into stew, elk tips &rice(same as beef tips), snitzel (instead of beef or pork), chicken fried, and for ground elk meat you can make spagehetti, Salisbury steak, goolosh, meatloaf are just a few off the top of my head. there is no end to ways of cooking elk. Enjoy.

I like baked steak and gravy in the crock pot, similar recipe as to what shadow posted.

I also like meatloaf. I think venison is usually a little dry and bland. Meatloaf or burgers I put McCormick's steak seasoning in it,about a teaspoon per pound, and a lot of olive oil.

Also do pot roast in the crock pot. Also put a packet of McCormick's slow cooker pot roast seasoning.

I will use beef broth in the pot roast and baked steak and gravy.

Fajitas are quick and easy.
Making jerky will chew up the stock pile quick too. Elk round is perfect for making jerky.
I have some antelope loin marinating in an Asian Toasted Sesame marinade. Hope its good and Ill use it for elk round too.

Chili is a really good option. I've made my ragu bolognese sauce for lasagna with it, and it turns out great. Also, made Korean lettuce wraps using ground elk.

Second on the summer sausage. You can free up a lot of space in the freezer doing a batch with the Hi Mtn packet for their summer sausage. Their Snack sticks are also very good and never last very long when we do a batch.

We run it through the tendorizer like our beef and make cube steak. Can do chicken fried steak, fajitas, Swiss steak, stir fry, you have lots of options then. Its good with antelope too

Elk Steak Italian Style

Brown your steaks in a frying pan then drain most of the oil from the pan.
Put one bottle of Ragu Old World Style and add a about a 1/4 of the bottle in water. Add about a pound of fresh mushrooms (Portabello's) about one or two med zucchini some oregano salt pepper.
Bring it to a boil then reduce to a simmer and simmer for about an hour or longer depending on how tough your meat is.
Cook until tender then add Parmesan cheese on top and dig in.
This recipe will make even the old and gamey tasting meat better.
If you like you can add some pasta I like Rigatoni's and it's a great meal.

I have been using it to make jerky on the traeger. I soak it overnight in Very Teriyaki sauce from Soy Vay. I set the traeger to smoke (185 degrees). It takes between 4 1/2 to 5 hours. After about 3 hours I take more Very Teriyaki sauce and brush it on then sprinkle it with pepper. This is incredible. I have never seen anyone eat just one piece. The only knock is its a makes your fingers sticky and its hard to eat while your driving.

Take yr roast slice into 1/2 or 3/4 inch steaks or steaks season with Montreal or other steak seasons.
Dice one whole onion, a cup or two of diced celery, grate A cup or two of carrots. Two cans cream of mushroom soup. Maybe 3 if yr cooking more than 4 people. Throw in crock pot for 6-9 hrs on low. Get home from work make white rice or mashed potatoes . And the toughest meat will melt in yr mouth.
And gravy is already made in crock pot . My moms family recipe.
If something similar isn't already listed. It's worth a try. Everyone has loved it. And quite easy

With elk you can do anything you would do with beef. Elk is just like a really lean grass fed beef in my opinion. So basically the sky?s the limit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom