Elk Stroganoff with a pressure cooker

B

bucklover

Here's the recipe to the elk stroganoff I made today when I forgot I had those ABTs on the grill. If you've never used a pressure cooker, they are great for tenderizing wild meats.

Here it is:
Cut up a small roast or stew meat into thin strips (about 1 1/2 long by 1/4 thick by 1/2 wide)or just chunks, put it in the pressure cooker (large sauce pan size). Add water to about 3 or 4 inches deep. Add about 1/4 cup of Mr. Yoshida's Sweet and Savory. Put the lid on and turn heat on high until the wobble knocker starts doing it's dance. Adjust the heat so the wobble knocker is doing a very slow dance. Set the timer for 18 to 20 minutes, then remove from heat. Once pressure is released ( you can run water over it to bring down the temp and release the pressure) open the lid and add 1/2 bag of egg noodles, (and some dehydrated chopped onions if desired). Replace lid and return to heat. Heat just long enough to where the wobble knocker wants to start dancing again. Remove from heat and let it set for about 5 minutes so the noodles absorb the water. If need be run water over the lid to reduce the pressure. Remove the lid and drain out most of the water. Add 2 cans cream of mushroom soup and about 2 cups sour cream, more or less for desired texture. If it's too thick add a little water and stir. Season with salt/pepper to taste. It's a one pan recipe, fairly quick and simple, the meat turns out absolutely tender and flavorful ad does the stroganoff.

Sounds good !... I love Stroganoff ...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom