Elk Unit 091

BUCKnBULL

I was blessed by drawing a coveted 091 bull tag. Having 13 bonus points plus this years chance I did what any respectable Nevada hunter should do.... gambled on the tough to draw hunts that had the greater odds of success if drawn. Most would call me a lucky dog since the draw odds were about 70 to 1. Why throw away years of bonus points and disappointment not getting drawn for an easy to draw unit?

This unit is the odd Stateline interstate hunt with Utah; Both NV and UT hunters may hunt within open units. The UT hunt number is 328 (Box Elder/Pilot Mountain unit). There are very limited hunters each year. Over the past 34 years hunting NV, I have either hunted or scouted at least parts of most units with the exception of the West part of the State and 091 in the Northeast. I would appreciate any insight about the this area and the elk it holds, on either side of the North-South Stateline boundry that splits the Pilot Mountain Range.

Out of necessity this will have to be a DIY hunt. I'm not too proud to say I could use advice from anyone that hunted this unit in recent years. Outfitters are great but not a luxury I can afford with my skinny budget since I have two kids I'm helping through college. I love our State for the awesome mulies and some of the finest bulls in the West. Hunt hard, Jim

Hey how did your hunt go? I was so very lucky to draw this tag this year and I can't wait to get up there and start exploring! I too am doing this as a DIY hunter and would greatly appreciate any pointers for camping spots or access points.

Hey how did your hunt go? I was so very lucky to draw this tag this year and I can't wait to get up there and start exploring! I too am doing this as a DIY hunter and would greatly appreciate any pointers for camping spots or access points.
That guy had 1 post...I don't think he came back. LOL! I wish you luck on your hunt. I know treedagain is still around.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom