elk unit 100

madmoose

anybody hunt this unit before? whats its story. seems to be a good tag. i would imagine it would take a while to draw just wondering if it was a unit to look hard at.

there are some great bulls out there...hard to hunt cause it is in the middle of the red desert. they can see you forever. But if you can sneek up on some there is a good chance of a 320+ bull being with any bunch of cows. They do kill some 360+ bulls but they aren't a dime a dozen.

PY

I hunted it once 15 or so years ago, its like hunting antelope fun but I got tired of all the driving around, maybe because I had an antelope tag that year also

Madmoose, PM me in four weeks and I will let you know first hand how the hunt is currently!!! I drew a needle in a haystack (2.5% chance for non-residence with max points, which was two this year).

Several contacts from here and else where tell me it will be a fun hunt with lots of bulls seen. Most info is 300-330 class bulls.

I will post picture if i am successful!!!

PS. Don't mean to high jack this forum, but if there is any other member out there with any info that they would be will to share on this unit, I would appriciate the info. This is pretty much a once in a life time hunt. Thanks in advance.

rmanwill,

I will be there also, my father drew the tag this year. He is 67 years old and am hoping to get him his bull that he always wanted.

It will be a fun hunt from all I have researched

Rich

the elk gods are looking out for you!:) good luck and i deff. would like to see your pics and hear about your experience...

well there is some good news in this here world now and then especially when I hear about a father and son hunting elk in the sage...good luck to all...

Thanks Happytohunt, My brother and my two best friends are going to be in on the hunt. I am hoping to be able to post some pictures of the old man when I get back.

Rich

I took a commisioner tag hunter to this are 0n 10/18 and 10/19 spent a total of 10.5 hours in the unit, saw right at 500 head of elk, we killed a 300+ bull sunday evening, look IN red lake, just south of sst 8 drilling rig and look near the pinnicles west of the bar x ranch, lots of elk on bar x road!

How was the hunt? Any information that you would like to share would be appreciated. My 17 yr old son drew this tag this year and we are starting our scouting trips this weekend. I have sent PM's to those on this thread that had tags last year and those that offered help before.

Thank you

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom