Elk unit 25

Live2hunt1

Is this unit worth cashing in some points on? I have heard good and bad. Looking to talk to someone with on the ground experience in the unit. Let me know. I can help with hunting Info in several states.
Thanks

>Is this unit worth cashing in
>some points on? I have
>heard good and bad. Looking
>to talk to someone with
>on the ground experience in
>the unit. Let me know.
>I can help with hunting
>Info in several states.
>Thanks

I live in lander but moved here recently. Unit 25 is combined with 27. In my opinion, no it is not a good unit and the only reason why it is on anyone's radar is thanks to Eastmans. I have spent several days in 25 itself and the country is rough, the best habitat is on Private and is a guy had enough time to wait the elk out youmight get htem off/catch them crossing. Most of 25 is alot like 100, wide open little cover, but hunted way harder with way more tags. Locals I have talked to said that 27 can be alright but the beetle kill and blow down makes a lot of 27 a real pain.

General feeling is 25/27 should be a 2-3 point unit max and was that until Eastmans decided to pimp it.

Hunted it a few years ago, was definitely not worth the points in my opinion. I will spend my points elsewhere next time. Eastmans pimped it, but can guarantee they don't hunt there. PM me if you would like more specifics about the hunt, but I would look at other options.

I agree with elks, been living in lander for about 10 years. Had the tag once and been on a few hunts with family in the unit.
Unit 25
-The first year they moved the boundary further south into 100, the hunting was good. After that the elk figured it out and have compensated for it.
-Archery is tough as it is so open, but there are less folks out and about.
-Pretty much the main unit locals put in for, and everyone knows the best public spots for elk. Opening morning rifle is a $hit Show!!!!
-Every two track and main road will have a vehicle on it. Turns into an antelope hunt with too many tags.
-Top end bulls are just out of raghorn and usually broken or genetically missing tines.
-Most of the population is on private or land locked properties.
Unit 27
-More of a typical elk hunt as there are more trees, but the terrain is very rocky and with terrible blowdown. Archery season here it is more crowded.
-Top end bulls are 270-280", yes bigger bulls have been killed but most are under 280.
-Potential for grizzly encounters is increasing in this unit. They have been here for a few years.

py

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom