Elk unit 30

T

Tinytim

I drew unit 30 for elk, does anyone have any info on where to start or what to expect. I have a call in with Fish and Game, but have not heard from them yet. Any info would be great. Thanks and good luck to all

So you're the one that stole my tag. :( Get a topo map and find where there are trees and hunt there. I'd spend my time scouting and try to have my bull found and shoot him opening morning. I saw a dandy last year hunting speed goats. But I'm going to have to keep his location a secret. Good luck to you.

Congrats. That should be a fun hunt. You should expect to see good numbers of 300 class bulls. A good chance at 320 class, a few bigger but it really is a fairly easy hunt. I would suggest two areas. First, head up towards Aspen Mtn. south of Rock Springs. Once you get up on the rim to the southwest of Aspen, hunt the draws that lead into bitter creek. Lots of cedar filled draws and good glassing spots. Worm creek is one of them and it has water year round. You will not be alone but that is because thats were a good number of elk are at. Second area would be west of 191 just north of Sage Creek. Not as popular an area as Aspen. You will find alot of roads no matter where you go. It has been about 4 years since I hunted the area for deer but I don't imagine it has changed much other than more roads. Good luck to you.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom