Elk

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
I'm stoked to hunt in November. Talking to my hunting buddy tonight. I have the Kodiak tent, buddy heaters, Walmart cots with foam mattress and adding 3" memory foam I bought in a full size and will cut in half lengthwise so we both have luxury cots and I have a 0° Sleeping Bag with flannel liner ! I don't want to pull my trailer but it will be fantastic compared to a little backpack tent and can stand fully with it being about 76" tall.
Do very many of you use the canvas tents ? Share what you are using for elk or deer camp.
Resized_20220826_202006_5134.jpeg

You have described my exact setup, used for years.. you will be comfortable, get the 12 foot hose and a 5 gallon tank for the heater buddy.

You have described my exact setup, used for years.. you will be comfortable, get the 12 foot hose and a 5 gallon tank for the heater buddy.
I have the hose and a 5 gal so will be doing that. Some fresh food and some nice meals we processed in the freeze dryer so if I don't want to cook can just boil some water and have beef stew, chili and some breakfast skillet meals .
Maybe some foil dinners also.

I'm a wimp. I use a travel trailer. That being said, I'm considering one of those bed top mount fold out tents, kind of like a pop-up camper without the trailer for when a trailer is impractical.

I'm a wimp. I use a travel trailer. That being said, I'm considering one of those bed top mount fold out tents, kind of like a pop-up camper without the trailer for when a trailer is impractical.
Those are super cool, I have a friend who has one on his Tacoma. He has a shower tube on the side and the bed has pullout toolboxes that slide out easy and hw keeps his gear for camping and clothes in them.

I figure I spent close to a year, all told, sleeping in a Kistler canvas tent. 5' sidewalls, 8-9 feet at center pole, wood burning stove, hay for bedding, good sleeping bags. I'm a little more desiring of comfort in my old age- but I have fond memories of those tent camps.

TT is like a cabin in the woods! I take my 30' whenever I can. As for those spots that TT isn't a good option- I went with this:

1663461581793.jpeg

1663461633627.jpeg

Ya baby. Last weekend scouting moose.

Awesome for the weekend trips. For the week long hunts in colder weather I do go with the wall tents and wood stoves.

However, them Kodiak tents are much quicker and easier to set up. ?

20220918_193324.jpg

20220918_193504.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom