Ensign ranches or Deseret

Silentstalker

Long Time Member
Hello guy's,

I have a question or two for you all. Have any of you ever hunted the Ensign ranches or Deseret Land and Livestock for Mule deer?

What caliber of buck are they killing on those 2 units? I have a friend with 10-11 points looking at them and wondering what kind of deer he has a shot at??

Would you burn 10-11 points on either hunt?

I think Ensign ranches is managed for bigger bucks. However, they always pull a bruiser or two off Deseret every year. Fewer hunters on Ensign ranches, but Deseret is really fair to their hunters and gives you a full 10 days to hunt and 2 days to scout. I don't know how exactly how Ensign operates as far as hunting days etc. Good luck.

Dax

call both operators and find out. all i know is i got a toad of a buck on film from deseret last week.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-09 AT 10:36PM (MST)[p]Thanks guy's, I will contact Slam.

Ty,

Free is right in my price range!! J/K.

Edit- I wish I could spell!!

Chad,
talked with Jason tonight and sounds like he is back on the Henries archery bandwagon now after talking with the operator of Ensign Ranches

Chad,

I think both ranches will produce monsters. However, I personally dont care for the CWMU hunts just because your hands are tied to some extent. Not saying that either ranch would hand cuff your buddy, but you are dealing with public hunters and paying clients, so understandably they need to produce for those paying guys. I would stick with a public land draw area.

+1 KTC. Also, it is really tough hunting Deseret after the outfitters have picked the cream of the crop off of the top in September when they are still in full velvet, very visible and not yet spooked. That country grows incredible deer and it's a shame that so many guys either pay a lot of money or draw a tag and don't get a fair crack at what the property really has to offer. It would be one thing if there was full disclosure, but I think they like to keep that very quiet...

Thanks again guy's, I agree with the thoughts here. It sounds like they are leaning back towards the Henry's anyways. I prefer the public hunts too based on scouting time and freedom to do what I want in any or all of the unit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom