Escaping elk

Horsecorn

Very Active Member
how would a guy feel if you were hunting elk and seen a big bull and shot it.. then when you walked up to it you seen a ear tag in it.. later you find out there were some bulls that escaped from a elk ranch. Would you feel shiity about it or would you be good with it.

I wouldn’t feel Shitty in the regard that I shouldn’t have shot it. I wouldn’t tag it either. In that scenario, it’s highly likely you aren’t required to tag it. And I wouldn’t tag it. Why would I feel bad?

Kind of depends on where you are. Down in Texas they may escaped livestock and you could be in some trouble.

I know there were some escapees from the ranch south of Ferron several years ago that were shot during the rifle hunt. The hunters got to keep the elk and the ranch was forced to get rid of the remaining elk.

I'd Call the DWR & Tell them I Just Shot a 380"+ Bull & I Don't Want it!:D

How Quick did the Ear Tag Disappear?:D

I'm Perty Sure about 99.9997% of Hunters would Never Mention the Ear Tag!:D:D:D

BLAMMMMM!!!!!! Then somebody we all know would post the pic, then it would end up on KSL, then a big long thread of someone defending someone we all know is pretty shady......ahhhhhh the circle of life continues.

I'd be pumped. Once I found the ear tag I'd be a little bummed. But then I'd get a hold of our good buddy. Jeremy Lewis of Wyohighcountry ask him which magazine and instagram accounts he thought would make me famous. And see if I could get some of his cool hunting pajamas he used to sell. Then maybe see if he could help me edit that ear tag and train whistle out of the video.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom