EVEN DODGE PUSSED OUT!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
I Didn't know it till recently!

But No More Manual Transmissions!

Not Even From Dodge!

Everybody always Preaching Saving Energy/Going Green!

WAFJ!

A Tuned 6 Speed CUMMINS with 3:73 or 4:10 Gears Will Pull Mileage Like No Other Automatic ever Built!

But Count that Out!

Most PUSSIES in Today's World Don't Know How To Drive one!

Or Never Seen one!

Or they're So F'N Lazy they Won't Drive one!

Should at Least Be An Option!

Can't Wait For Homers Reply!

New GMC's & CHEVY's Boast Big Power/Torque Ratings!

Then They Put All that Power Behind a 10 Speed Tranny with 3:42 Gears & a F'N 98 MPH Speed Limiter!

GEEZUS!

A Truck Unleashed that Would Easily Run 150+ MPH & The SOB Won't Break 98!

WAFJ!

WORD OF WARNING ON THE NEW GM's:

It's Spendy!

But Most of the BS can be Removed & Deleted!

A Friend of Mine Was Perty PROUD of His New DIRTY-MAX after the TUNE!

At about 108-110 MPH the Big Diameter/Impressive Looking Driveshaft came UN-####ED!

F'N Aluminum Pile of TRASH!

Nothin But Scrap Metal Now!

Why Not Gear This Bastard Down Where You Can Do Something with that Power?

And There You Have it:

"""EXCEPT!"""

Of Course You'll Never Own another Johnny Bar!

GM PUSSED Out Before the Others did!

And You Can See They Ain't Never gonna Make any more of them!

Now You Can Shift Your Automatics with the Push of a Button!

GAWD I'd Hate to See anybodies Legs Get any Exercise!

I'll never own another Johnny Bar......

except ....my jeep has an sm465

I've owned cummins equipped dodges since 1998 Elky. All manuals until I got my 2017. You used to have to get a manual to get the H.O, now its the other way around! I love manuals but the aisin auto and 900ftlbs of torque pulling the trackloader and heavy dumptrailer around are sweet!

Ya!

I Know they're Sweet!

But Some of us Remember the Time Automatics were JUNK!

I Gotta RAZZ Homer just a bit!:D

I've owned cummins equipped dodges since 1998 Elky. All manuals until I got my 2017. You used to have to get a manual to get the H.O, now its the other way around! I love manuals but the aisin auto and 900ftlbs of torque pulling the trackloader and heavy dumptrailer around are sweet!

Ya!

But!

Now You've got a 10 Speed Allison Behind what Could & can be a Screamin Machine!

But Thanks To the F'N Electronics it Ain't Gonna Let You See/Feel the Potential Without a Good TUNE!

GM pussed out with the Allison. Everyone else just followed along. mtmuley

Ya!

But!

Now You've got a 10 Speed Allison Behind what Could & can be a Screamin Machine!

But Thanks To the F'N Electronics it Ain't Gonna Let You See/Feel the Potential Without a Good TUNE!
Baloney. The aftermarket will find ways. Allisons can be built any way you want. The GM 10 speed is used in the Ford 1/2 tons also. Tests show that the auto is quicker in the Camaro than the 6 speed. The Allison changed the way autos were looked at. I like a manual, especially in a car, but the new autos are incredible, mtmuley

Not Baloney at all!

In the Stock Form it's not even close to it's potential!

The Aftermarket Stuff is Getting Spendy!

And the Feds are trying to Clamp Down when somebody Deletes the Obama BS!

GOVERNMENT OVER-REACH!

It's OK to let Auto-Makers make Vehicles that Use More Fuel than they did in 98-03!

As Long as They SMOG them so some GREENIE can't see the Smoke!

If Diesels were getting 20+ MPG 20 years ago!

They ought to be getting at Least 25 MPG today!

Ya!

But!

Hey Elk you could buy a Ford 6.7 a very powerful machine and be very cool as well. LOL

Don't Get Me Wrong!

I Like Just about All Diesel Trucks!

Specially Running a Fine TUNE!:D

But Really GM?

No Choice but 3:42's?

JUDAS!!!

Don't Get Me Wrong!

I Like Just about All Diesel Trucks!

Specially Running a Fine TUNE!:D

But Really GM?

No Choice but 3:42's?

JUDAS!!!
Bess, quick Google showed the new Allison is geared for the 3.42. No single smokestack option for you Utah guys though. mtmuley

Think about it mt!

10 F'N Gears!

3:42 Gear Ratio!

98 MPH Speed Limiter!

Gear That F'R Down where You can Do Something with the Power!

3 Overdrive Gears on that SWEET ALICE & 98 Top Speed!

PLEASE SPLAIN Why You'd Want/Need 3 Overdrive Gears with a Speed Limiter Set at 98?

The 6 Speed Allison has 2 Overdrive Gears!

At Least You Could Get them with 3:73 Gears!

Still Too High Geared in My Opinion!

I Can't Wait till 2021-2022!

3:08's will probably be the only Option!

Should Be 12 & 14 Speed Tranny's out by then!

And a Factory 65 MPH Speed Limiter!

JUDAS!

F'N!

PRIEST!

Why would they? Those 48re are money, needing to swap them out every 4 years is good cash flow

I had randys tranmission build me a stage 3 48re.

48re was a bad deal along with the 47re. Cummins told dodge dont put it behind the cummins but dodge did it anyway

Just shy of 10 grand. Was 8 grand for the tranmsision. $450 for shipping plus the labor.

After the heavily modified turbo/injectors and fuel system i immediately took the stock 48re out. Went with a stage 2 tranny by browns in billings Montana. A year ago i blew my flex plate. Month later front driveline blew and put a masive hole in my transfer case. My theory with those 2 big blows i put stress fracture in my input shaft. I wasn't impressed with that tranny.

I love my randys tranmission. They do it right. With my list of mods a 1000hp stage 3 tranny was the answer. The stage 2 is good for 650hp but i would be pushing that tranny to the limits. My cummins sits in the gargae a lot. My main reason to build it is.my circle j horse trailer is 8900 pounds empty. Add 5 horse's/tack/gear i want to be able to climb these mountains in wyoming.

I run a smarty tuner. 190hp tune if i want stacked with a tst 100hp tune. The smarty is specially built for the cummins. Can do a 1000 things with that tuner including the speed limiter. Makes efi live look weak

The 03 I Had didn't have a Limiter other than the Governor!

But it was a 6 Speed Stick!

She'd Pull Some Fuel Mileage like No Other!

I think the governor is set at 110mph. I dont mess with those settings. I usaully just run the 60hp tune.
That nv5600 tranny was a good one. I actaully looked to do that before the randys tranmssion. Was actually more spendy. I bet you miss that 03

When i was workin oil feild they gave me a early 07 with the 5.9 and 6 speed manuel. Weighed in at 12,600 lbs. At 212,xxx miles the clutch finally went out. Zero maintenance other than batteries and oil changes. Call BS on it but my boss bought that truck new and kept all records and all he had was the batteries and the oil changes. That truck would idle all day on the cold wyoming days sucking in all that h2s. I would think the h2s would sooner or later fry the electronics since h2s hates copper. Dodge should write a book about that truck. After the new clutch he sold the truck and is still on the road

Here is the ol 07 gem. Got her stuck good..this was at 147,xxx miles. Suprised the clutch didnt burn out trying to get unstuck
20140303_125030.jpg

Six speeds.....Bessy my wife wanted a six speed over the auto. Had to break it to her that they went away a long time ago.

I put in that stage 2. Mines a grandpa truck, 04.5, no mods, no chip, pulls a 10k trailer maybe 6 times a year. Had 111k last memorial weekend and that 48re lost 2nd.

Just short of $6k weekend??

I put in that stage 2. Mines a grandpa truck, 04.5, no mods, no chip, pulls a 10k trailer maybe 6 times a year. Had 111k last memorial weekend and that 48re lost 2nd.

Just short of $6k weekend??

Who built it?

Certified Trans

Road Ripper 2000

So far so good. It shifts solid. Not quite like an old shift kit did, but you feel the shifts.

I knew when I bought the truck the tyranny would fail, but I wanted a the ho of 04.5-05. so with 89k on it 3 years ago a grabbed it.

Doesn’t have a 5th wheel ball or mount so it figured the guy hadn’t pushed it too hard. I figured 150k I’d be in for a trans.

Hey Hoss!

That 04.5 is When Dodge started Tinkering with Sshhiittt They Shouldn't Have!

03 the Best Year!

And nfh Will Back me on it!:D

The 01's & 02's were Damn nears as Good But GOOD GAWD The NOYZS they did make!

I did find a weak point in a 2012. Apprantley it didn't like the 25 foot straight off a steep hill into the big horn river in worland,wy. Nose dived in. Airbags never went off. They couldnt believe i survived . Bent that frame to where it almost touched the ground.

I never did like that truck. Was pretty gutless. Maybe the truck weighing in at 13,000lbs didnt help. They upgraded me to a 2016. It to was gutless.

We always ran the cummins in the oil feild cause it handled the oil feild roads. Never had breakdowns. Had a rough ride though. We tried duramax and nothing but front end issues and trannys that slipped. So my previous employer ran cummins in the oil feild and 5 duramaxes for the residential and commerical crew.
Never did run Ford due to that one 6.0 he got was total dog $hit. Bought and sold less than a month.

I left this company back in 2017 due to oil feild work got slow.

20151001_082525.jpg

This Guy Was Smart & Put Some Usable Gears in His Dirty Max!

The High Geared BS Don't Cut it!

And WTF Good is it with the Speed Limiter set at a WHOPPIN 98 MPH anyway?

4:10's with Stock Tires would be Low enough!

But He went with Taller Tires & 4:56's Fit the Bill!

I'll Guarantee you with an Adjustment with the Tuner with His 4:56 Gears He'll Stomp the Stock Truck with Higher Gears Ass even on Top End!

All the way around for that matter!

OK Boys!

Maybe Homer Could Buy one of These & Let us Know How He Likes it?

A Little More SMOKE in KALI Wouldn't Hurt Anything!:D

So?

In this Clip!

I Can't tell if He Hits the Speed Limiter/Maybe not Quite the Speed Limiter in 5th or 6th Gear?

4 or 5 Un-Usable Gears!

SWEET GEEZUS!

All That Power & Can't Use it!

The 5.9's are Perty Much Gone/Wore Out/High Mileage!

The 6 Speed Sticks Are Gone!

The Lower Gear Ratio's are Disappearing!

Shouldn't These Be Choices?

I have 124,xxx miles. Low mileage still exist. I know a guy that has 36,xxx on his 03

He wont sell it. sits in his shop. couple times a year he hauls a camper a few miles and that's it

I’m still rockin’ the 2001 5.9 cummins!

She’s got 103,000 miles!

Only thing wrong is the missing hub cap in the pic!

Straight piped, cold air intake, 50 horse injectors, better lift pump.....she’s never been happier!

677BE4C9-7DC1-4413-9863-E6349FEA9200.jpeg

20170331_080932.jpg

My 2001 with 3:73 and 6 speed manual. I sold it with 278,000 miles on it a few years ago and was told that it's still going strong with about another hundred thousand miles on it. Completely stock. I sure miss that truck and wish I still had it. Fatrooster.

we bought a new F 150 off a lot in Elk Grove in 04 told the sales dude wanted to see "that" one he hemmed and hawed wouldn't you rather see this one ? no that one is the one we would like to see. you sure he says? finally said look dude THAT one OK? so he goes and gets the keys and kinda shuffles over looking a little funny and asks me if i could pull it out for him? so i said sure but why? he says because its a standard and he didn't know how to drive one. lol i told him that's exactly why we want it. he was probably in his late 30's early 40's was pretty funny although a little pitiful i asked him so i suppose a three on the tree would be impossible for you to drive? he had zero clue as to what i was talking about.

Fatrooster

3years ago i had a 2001. New lift pump. 30 percent over injectors. 5 speed manuel. Same color as yours.Got it for 4 grand. Had 187,xxx miles. Had for 1 year and realized i didnt need 2 diesels. Sold it for $13,800 with 192,xxx miles. Ya i never drove it but the price was unreal to buy it. When i sold it i had it on a local Facebook page and sold in a few hours.

I feel like i made a bad choice. Should of kept it

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom