Ever lose anything while Hunting?

P

py_archer

Gloves, turkey calls, my Puma "white hunter" hunting knife (found it a year later, good as new).

Lost a fanny pack with several waterfowl calls, choke tubes, license and stamps in it while jumpshooting Woodies. Had one of those plastic buckles on it that came undone. Never bought that kind again.

I lost a set of bino's as a kid by thinking that thay would ride on a the horns of the buck my dad shoot, and lost a knife that I used to gut my wyoming buck two years ago.
Jay

I hiked back in about 5 miles hunting elk ....left my release back in the back country... the next day we were hunting lower ... and had a chance to take a shot at a 5 point at 35 yards missed .... shootng fingers is not a good Idea when used to shooting a release. Always have an extra release.

NEVER buy a pair of como bino's. I had flown 110 miles back into Idaho wilderness to elk hunt a number of years ago. I went very light because we were told to keep the weight to a minimum. I took one pair of lightweight bino's that were como colored. About the third day I was high on the mountain and it was getting pretty warm so I decided to get rid of some clothes..To make a long syory short I took off my bino's and set them down. I got changed and walked off...As I'm easing down the mountain I stop to glass a funny spot in the timber just ahead of me and guess what???. NO BINO'S!!!!. I worked my way back up to where I had changed but could not find those bino's....

Lost my brother-in-law two years ago in a new area that he had never hunted before. It was my fault, I let him go out with a person that was new to hunting, and he split up with him and got lost. 15 hrs later we found him w/ about 20 people from town. Poor little booger, he was scared!!!!

I lost my hunting knife this year on my coues deer hunt. It was while I was packing the deer out, the case came un-snapped and the knife fell out. I was totally bummed cause I'd had that knife since I was 10 years old, and had gutted every animal I had ever killed with it. It had a lot of sentimental value, and I had planned on giving it to my son in the next few years when he starts hunting. So, if anybody finds a Browning 3-blade hunting knife in unit 24b in AZ, let me know.

Yea, countless knives.
5 years ago went to gut a deer I had just killed. Striped off my shirt down to under shirt then took my wedding ring and my college ring off and laid them on the shirt. Gutted the deer, cleaned up, picked up my shirt, left came back with a vehicle to get the deer. Went home. Three days later "Im the only bobcat wondering, WHERE ARE MY RINGS." LMAO. Then I clicked. went back but never could find those rings.

"We must HUNT"

I guess I've never lost any physical possesions while hunting, but one fateful day in 2002, I lost much more. It seems I made a bad shot on a beautiful bull, but the bull isn't the only thing I lost. It isn't something that can be explained, but has to be felt. To this day I go over what happened. Don't mean to bring a downside to the topic, but that is what I've lost while hunting. mtmuley

LET'S SEE

I'VE LOST MY A$$ FOR YEARS,BUT SURE HAD FUN DOING IT!!!

SEEN A GUY ONE OPENING MORNING LOOKING AROUND LIKE HE WAS LOOKING FOR BLOOD,THEN I NOTICED HE DIDN'T HAVE A GUN IN HIS HANDS,AND I'M THINKING,HE SURE AS HELL AIN'T TRACKING A WOUNDED BUCK WITH OUT A GUN IS HE???COME TO FIND OUT,HE SET THE GUN DOWN TO TAKE A WHIZZ,THEN HE COULDN'T FIND IT,LIKE KingFish SAID:SOMETIMES THE CAMO WILL WORK AGAINST YOU!!!

THE GUY NEVER DID FIND THE GUN,I THINK ANOTHER SO CALLED HUNTER GRABBED IT,IT WAS FAIRLY CLOSE TO A TRAIL IN A WORLD REKNOWN AREA IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN???

A BAD OPENING MORNING FOR THAT OLE BOY!!!

LEFT MY FAVORITE PACK SAW UNDER A TREE IN THE HIGH COUNTRY WHERE ME & MY BROTHER QUARTERED A BUCK UP,SURE WISHED I HAD IT BACK!!!

SEEN ANOTHER GUY RUIN HIS GUN ON OPENING DAY,HE STOPPED TO DO SOME GLASSING,LAYED HIS RIFLE UP AGAINST THE REAR TIRE,DECIDED IT WAS TIME TO LEAVE,FORGOT ABOUT THE RIFLE AND RUN OVER THE BARREL,YA,IT WAS A SAAKO!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING:I LOBSTER BUT ALWAYS FLOUNDER!!!

> My first wife!!!!!!!!!!!1
> Came back from Wyoming and
>it was over!!!!!!!!!

During our first few years of marriage my wife would start crying after about two weeks into the seasons. Kind of made me feel bad and almost wanted to stay home. Almost.

Now,17 yrs later, sometimes she'll even go with me. Man, am I lucky she stuck around!

left some binos hanging in a tree next to a pile of poop
many coyote calls and once i lost my way but thats the only thing i found later

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-04 AT 11:19AM (MST)[p]lots of things,
even know where a nice pair of swaroskies 10X42 are
laying. same place i rolled a rorse a couple 3 yares back.
just havent had the time to go back and retreve them.
there also should be a nice bull elk buggle laying in the same vacinity.
I once found a bilfold with 2500 bucks cash in it.
no idenity in it.
but then i heard a voice from above,
literly, look up to see this guy free climing down this face of a clif.
200 feet or so above me, he was yelling as he climbed down that it was his.
being the as**& im am i ran with it.
just kidding, waited for him and asked if he could prove it was his.
he wipped out his other idenity ( fed. narco division)
and told me how much money was in it.
grudgently i let him have it back.
he said thet he was trying to pull of a sting op. when he dropped it.
I showed up down below the offender split and left him standing there.
so if you think about going in for my swarvskies, and you find them.
there yours. but let me know they are in good hands.

Lost a disposable camera. That's not so bad. However, the camera had pictures of my wife and her first elk. She killed her elk in unit 10 on the trophy bull hunt in Arizona!! I am so disappointed too. We must have taken 20 pictures of her, her elk, and everyone else who was with her. Sure wish I could find that camera.

I lost a grunt tube a couple of years ago and I have about 6 left gloves at home w/ no opposite.

The worst thing I lost though was a water pack that hung on the buddy loc or whatever that system was a couple of years back to attach stuf to the belt of packs and fannys. We were hunting elk in August and it better than 90 degrees as we hiked. At about noon I realized I didn't have it anymore, I was very thirsty by the end of the day!

A brand new set of knives (caper, gutter, and saw). It's somewhere in the Kaibab. Congrats to whom ever found it.

Binoculars seem to be a common item, guess thats why I never bought any of them fancy ones. Almost lost my life raftin acros a creek to my hunting area one time. Lost half my hunting equipment when the canoe overturned.

Lost a girlfriend, but she's replaceable, she didn't understand very well why I wasn't going to be around for our one year anniversary, well it just so happened to fall right in the middle of the opening week of elk season! Needless to say when I arrived back home, she didn't talk to me a whole lot, but I have also lost a lot of things, binos, calls, radio, range finder. I think I'm more dissapointed in myself about the range finder than the girlfriend. My buddy also lost a deer to the good ol' Burlington Northern train, but thats another story. Binos were about the dumbest thing, and I blame them on the ex, because I was driving mach ten on the back roads trying to get cell service so I could call her to wish her a happy one year, and needless to say when rounding a corner at 60, don't leave your binos on the dash board, they flew out the open window never to be found again. Lost my mind a few times too, but I managed to find that again when I got home!

they need to make knives and binoculars and stuff with a tracking beeper, so when, not if you lose them, you can find em.

RLH,
Either that, or one of us needs to get smart and go up there with a metal detector and find all of this stuff, sometimes I wonder what could be found in the woods! Think of all the money that could be made!

Almost everything I can carry! Not a gun or bow yeat, I should me thankfull.
Michael

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom