EXO mountain packs

desperatehills

Very Active Member
Anyone use these packs? Specifically the K2 3500. Nice light pack and the bag unsnaps so a elk quarter can be strapped closer to your body. I think I want one but at $600 I'm not sure. They sell factory direct like kuiu so I cant run down to sportsmans and check them out. Thoughts?

I chose Seek Outside, but there are local to Grand Junction so I could go try one on in person.

Hasbean

I personally have not had one but know several guys that have them & they all love them . I have the KUIU ICON PRO 5200 I use for everything from a day of horn hunting to 5 plus day hunts. Also has the meat shelf I have hauled elk quarters & a couple of boned out deer !! If you watch for KUIU sales you can get this pack for around $300 they run around $500 normal I love this pack have had mine for over 5 years have not had a single issue or problem with snaps belts straps seams ETC !!!

I just saw that EXO will have a booth at the hunt expo. I will go check them out. I like the KUIU pack as well. What does the KUIU pack weigh? The 3500 exo is only 5 pounds complete.

>My SO is 4 pounds
>
> Hasbean

I currently have the Badlands Sacrifice which is just under 4 lbs. I am looking for a light pack that carries elk quarters outside the bag. Sorry, what does SO stand for?

Before my sacrifice I had the Eberlestack that was near 10 pounds. Oddly enough it didn't bother me on multiday trips but I hated a 25 lb day pack

SO=Seek Outside

https://seekoutside.com/

>>My SO is 4 pounds
>>
>> Hasbean
>
>
>I currently have the Badlands Sacrifice
>which is just under 4
>lbs. I am looking
>for a light pack that
>carries elk quarters outside the
>bag. Sorry, what does SO
>stand for?
>
>Before my sacrifice I had the
>Eberlestack that was near 10
>pounds. Oddly enough it didn't
>bother me on multiday trips
>but I hated a 25
>lb day pack

Hasbean

Looks like a great pack as well. When I put in my options it came to $668. I wonder if they will have a booth at the EXPO?

my 5200 weighs a little over 5 pounds that is with the top pack bag I have Never used it. Without it its right at 5 pounds !! And the newer packs are probably even lighter yet . I have seen on KUIU website you can get either the Pro or the Ultra frame ..

I assume you are talking about the expo in Salt Lake? I can ask them if they will be in attendence if you clue me in to which expo.

>Looks like a great pack as
>well. When I put in
>my options it came to
>$668. I wonder if they
>will have a booth at
>the EXPO?

Hasbean

>I assume you are talking about
>the expo in Salt Lake?
> I can ask them
>if they will be in
>attendence if you clue me
>in to which expo.
>
>>Looks like a great pack as
>>well. When I put in
>>my options it came to
>>$668. I wonder if they
>>will have a booth at
>>the EXPO?
>
>
>Hasbean

Yes, We will be in Salt Lake for the Expo February 15th

I contacted SO, they said all the space was rented out in advance so they will not be at the expo.

>>I assume you are talking about
>>the expo in Salt Lake?
>> I can ask them
>>if they will be in
>>attendence if you clue me
>>in to which expo.
>>
>>>Looks like a great pack as
>>>well. When I put in
>>>my options it came to
>>>$668. I wonder if they
>>>will have a booth at
>>>the EXPO?
>>
>>
>>Hasbean
>
>Yes, We will be in Salt
>Lake for the Expo February
>15th

Hasbean

I've been using the exo k2 3500 for a couple years now. It's been a great pack for me. It is comfortable and light for day hunts, and it does haul heavy loads very well. This is the only good pack I've had so it didn't have to do much to shine, but I do hunt with guys that have the kuiu and kifaru and they liked the quality and feel as well.

Thanks for checking Bean, too bad they couldn't get in. It's hard to spend that much money without trying it on and such. Looks like a great pack

A lot depends upon your style of hunting. I have a smaller daypack for scouting but that's about the only time I use it.

I would highly recommend either a Kifaru frame/bag or possibly Stone Glacier. Both of these frames are designed for 100+ lb bulky loads. I would also recommend a bag that is at least 6,000 cu in. You can cinch down a load with a bigger bag but if you don't have room you are pretty much screwed. I would rather have over-kill for a frame and haul my gear/meat comfortably. I can also haul out an entire boned deer by myself the first load! You'll likely save a bunch of time and trips with a larger frame/bag!

I have an EXO 3500 , packed an elk out on it this season, worth every dollar so far. You won't be disappointed if you get one, good luck

Awesome pack, got one this past fall and can't speak highly enough of it. Top quality for sure.

I hauled my elk solo and was blown away on how it handles a heavy load.

Side note, they give a veteran discount and have a good podcast.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom