Expo Draw

joesikora

Long Time Member
OK I’M NOT TRYING TO STIR THE POT!

I was reviewing the 2021 Expo drawing odds to help me pick some units to draw far this year and I notice there was a lot of UT Residents.

So there has been a lot of comments on MM about UT Game & Fish giving away 200 permits to be raffled off by SFW at the HuntExpo and that they should be in the regular draw because SFW and UT are stealing Tags from the Residents of UT! True?

Well I counted them and there was 118 or 59% of the tags going to UT Residents so that’s 41% or 82 tags going to Non-Residents in the Expo Draw!
None going to anyone close to my area! So how many of the 200 tags put back into the regular draw could have given more chances to the Non-Residents drawing a tag?

I have thought this in the past many times since that the biggest complaint is this Don Peay guy and a lot of people hate this guy and that‘s fine! I mentioned Jeff Folies he lives in Hardin IL population 1,100 and 95% of the people there hate him but when he’s making public appearances and calling contest people just fall all over him wanting pictures with him and autographs and advice even after serving jail time for the violating the Lacy Act I think? I could be wrong on the violation. The problem with Jeff is he rubs people the wrong way. Hell I disliked him when I first met him and I was with his best friend in the world and he was still a D$ck! He had to of pissed off someone somewhere that had some powerful Friends. I read the charges because my ex-partner likes bad mouthing people all the time and making up his own scernios with no facts. So I reminded him how he and the Eck Boys were falsifing kill records on their Hunt Club documents which is one of the things Jeff was charged with doing and marking me down as killing out every day of the duck and goose season and I never hunted there Period! So I told Ralph my ex partner that I’ll be sure to call Jeff and tell him your MFing him and give him your cell number. Jeff and I are kinda buds now. Well Jeff called him and said that if he hears anything from him again or runs into him somewhere he will whip his A$$. Jeff can be someone you don’t want to mess with! Sorry I needed a good reference for my Peay story!

One other thing I only brought up Jeff transgressions is because I didn’t want someone else to bring it up, I believe in laying it on the line even if not favorable

Last edited:
And we will again, the only way any of us goes to Utah is a chance for a tag. Running that interstate to get to Salt Lake is taking a big chance also

I personally as a Utah resident wish that they would do away with the Expo.To make it perfectly clear I do and have every year put in my donation of about 100.00 for the tags.I just think this puts to much attention on Utahs wildlife!

I personally as a Utah resident wish that they would do away with the Expo.To make it perfectly clear I do and have every year put in my donation of about 100.00 for the tags.I just think this puts to much attention on Utahs wildlife!
Get rid of the opportunity for free money?! How dare you make that suggestion! The “wildlife” needs this money to sustain it so big money can always prevail.

Unfortunately your $100.00 blood money donation along with everyone else’s contributes to the destruction and downfall of our wildlife program….or what’s left of it.

P.S…not picking a fight, there is some sarcasm mingled in that first paragraph?

I bet statistically there are more residents than non residents applying for the tags. That would mean that more residents draw the tags because the ratio is higher. Just basic math.

Ok,I would agree on the helping of wildlife////but how much of the proceeds actually go to wildlife programs?I hope at least half???

I just tried to look up how much Don Peay gets paid for these events? Didn't find an answer that I could find. Just wondering. I know the aspca ceo gets $750,000 a year, for I have no idea what he gets it for!

I just tried to look up how much Don Peay gets paid for these events? Didn't find an answer that I could find. Just wondering. I know the aspca ceo gets $750,000 a year, for I have no idea what he gets it for!
For coordinating his funds to his bank account of course!

Wasn't the requirement that they spend the money on "policies, procedures, and personnel" or something like that?

I'm not really sure exactly what that means.

None going to anyone close to my area! So how many of the 200 tags put back into the regular draw could have given more chances to the Non-Residents drawing a tag?

If you put the 200 back in the public draw, approximately 20 tags would go to non-residents.

Approximately.

Ok,I would agree on the helping of wildlife////but how much of the proceeds actually go to wildlife programs?I hope at least half???
Only 30% is committed to wildlife!
Utah Admin. Code 657-55-10 (2):
"The conservation organization may retain up to $3.50 of each $5.00 application handling fee for administrative purposes, ........."
It does go on to say that the conservation organization may pledge more if they choose, but that doesn't happen all that much.
Additionally, the conservation organization keeps any interest drawn by the account.

Wasn't the requirement that they spend the money on "policies, procedures, and personnel" or something like that?

I'm not really sure exactly what that means.
It wasn't a requirement. It was their excuse for needing $3.50 of the $5.00 application fee. And it was intentionally stated that way so they wouldn't have to account for it.

I bet statistically there are more residents than non residents applying for the tags. That would mean that more residents draw the tags because the ratio is higher. Just basic math.

If I had to leave the state in order to validate my application, I wouldn't do it. The fact that I live about 20 minutes from the Expo is the main reason I apply. Having said that, I've applied pretty much every year and have yet to step foot into the actual Expo. I might actually do it this year though.

Don Peay gets paid for his advice! General consulting fees paid by SFW in 2018 per their IRS 990 were $461,585 and, since past SFW 990's only list Peay Consulting, I'm sure it's much the same now.

Only 30% is committed to wildlife!
Utah Admin. Code 657-55-10 (2):
"The conservation organization may retain up to $3.50 of each $5.00 application handling fee for administrative purposes, ........."
It does go on to say that the conservation organization may pledge more if they choose, but that doesn't happen all that much.
Additionally, the conservation organization keeps any interest drawn by the account.

RMEF was going to retain $0.00. Too bad the deep corruption won...

Last year was a funky year for the draw since attendance wasn't required. I wouldn't put much stock on those odds.
Hey Grizz I’ll lookup some other years to average. Again I’m not trying to piss anyone off it just came to me while looking for good units to draw for

Well that’s upsetting. As a non resident of Utah I think I should have the right to apply for as many tags as I want without actually committing to buying a hunting license.
You were absolutely distraught and wanted to keep non residents from coming to your home state of Idaho. Now you think you should have a right to apply for whatever you want without paying the non residents fees. Sounds a little hypocritical to me.

You were absolutely distraught and wanted to keep non residents from coming to your home state of Idaho. Now you think you should have a right to apply for whatever you want without paying the non residents fees. Sounds a little hypocritical to me.
Man you swallowed the hook on that one :ROFLMAO:

Didn’t take long to reel in a carp

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom