Expo on line

I'm not bitter at all, those tags back in the draw are still years and years out from being "mine". However I'm tired of the corporate handout model that we've been dealing with. The state could receive far more money if they cut $FW/MDF/NWTF/DU and many other out of their business. We don't need them period. If they want to volunteer their members money and time that's great. However Utah would be far better off without these for profit non profit groups.

I agree with you all the way utyote ..look what's happened today at that auction 80 grand for a henry Mountain tag over a quarter of a million for the antelope island pet deer tag its all crazy and with that kind of money coming in its just going to get worse in the years to come

Last edited:
You see the hunting world turning into a circus, celebrity hunters, oppurtunity hunters who can’t wait there turn and now we’re seeing the kings Deer, where only the rich can afford the quality hunts. I would be pissed if this was happening in Idaho and they tried but were shut down. The hunt expo for me was a chance to meet up with old friends and outfitters to say hello. I’m over the glitter and glammer. Maybe some of you are going to miss standing in a long line to get a celebrity autograph, I always laughed when I walked by.Actually I quit applying for the tags in Utah because I don’t want to hire a football team to help me when I draw a tag. I’m all for giving the tags back to the people of Utah, so they can get back to hunting

$2,484025 Second Auction looking good,One more to go!
Blaaaaaaaam!

image000000.gif

Hey horse corn I wish it was my auction I would take some of the money and buy you a drink,I am not a fan of the expo or the auction like I have said before I wish all the once in a lifetime tags would go to Utah residents only but it is fun to watch these money guys spend it.There was a ring that appraised for 15,500.00 and sold for 6,500.00,Valentines day is tomorrow I wonder if any of these big spenders wifes were watching the show?

All I know is I’ve watched this for years now and all this money coming in hasnt helped the animal numbers at all. The hunting in Utah gets worse and worse every year. if anyone thinks it’s better they are walking around blindfolded.
Because the entire system is broken. I have been telling yall this for years. Arguing over tags has not and will never fix it. You have to change it all top to bottom. That's the truth of it. Arguing over tag distributions will just be a distraction that keeps the system from being fixed.

Because the entire system is broken. I have been telling yall this for years. Arguing over tags has not and will never fix it. You have to change it all top to bottom. That's the truth of it. Arguing over tag distributions will just be a distraction that keeps the system from being fixed.
Enlighten us Tri

Tri is good at "telling" everyone about everything. If he actually lived here, he might know what we're dealing with. But, he's one of the guys from Texas needing his hand held. If there were no tags to buy, he wouldn't be able to hunt.

I know what you are dealing with.

Honest question. All the name calling and insults when I introduce ideas on how to fix our wildlife dilemma, how much better did your hunting get?

Everyone knows that the draw odds are going to be terrible this year due to going online, but how bad do you think it will be? 10,000 - 1 for the better tags? 20,000 - 1?

Well it looks like they have raised a ton of money. I think some of us thought the covid would make things sell for less. It's quite the opposite with permit sells for wildlife. The odds for the draw tags are going to be tough this year. I put in for some elk tags. I mean you cant win if you don't play. Fingers crossed I draw a tag and can kill my first big game animal.?

Well it looks like they have raised a ton of money. I think some of us thought the covid would make things sell for less. It's quite the opposite with permit sells for wildlife. The odds for the draw tags are going to be tough this year. I put in for some elk tags. I mean you cant win if you don't play. Fingers crossed I draw a tag and can kill my first big game animal.?
Many of the rich have gotten rusher over the past year.

Step 1. Treat every tag as a dead animal. Quit betting on hunter failure and calling it opportunity. Until this happens hunting will keep getting worse. I GUARANTEE IT.
That's a damn fine point. Tags are issued betting against success and with all of todays tools efficiency has went up. And we either pick tech or more tags. So far we are choosing tech.

I know this is a "UT thang", but just to shed some light on the topic about the misallocation of public land permits up for sale to the highest bidder, one of NM's liberal US senators submitted a letter to the state's legislative body to end unit wide private land tags as they are an unfair advantage for the super rich. Since the liberal senator has spoken it, it shall be done..

So, all UT needs to do is elect liberal US congressmen and it should solve your tag misallocation problems.
So you like the private land tags vice those tags going into the lottery?

Maybe So Hossy!

But Over 6 Million in the Big Game Tag Auctions!

The Real Bread & Butter is still yet to come!

You Gambling or Not Hossy?

Anyone checked on THE DON? Expo was like his Grammy/Oscar/Golden Globes combined into one.

There has to be some massive depression/anxiety this year.

First=1372.22
Second=2484.25
Third=2619.02
Total=6476.02. I wonder how much of this money will really go to help wildlife,I sure hope a lot!

You know, people put in for draws with very little chance (2% or less)...not the expo per se, but if a guy (who loves to hunt) puts in for 4 or 5 lotteries or other states, the theory says that he will get one every now and again. If it takes 50 here, 100 there, i figure that I will evetually get a 20k hunt I would never be able to afford. On about a 600 per year lottery ticket plan. Granted, some states I accumulate pts, but I have read many a story of the guy that just applies. Im just trying to be positive about raffles and accept slim odds! Good luck everyone.
Never bought a lotto ticket in my life either.

Its going to involve high fences, corn flingers, and feudal wildlife management if it's a recommendation from tristate...count on it.
BuzzH where did you get that beautiful sheep?
do you have any pictures of the mount id sure like to see them

Joe

BuzzH where did you get that beautiful sheep?
do you have any pictures of the mount id sure like to see them

Joe
Wyoming, fall before last...was a great day with a good friend who went way above and beyond helping me. Got to spend 26 days hunting sheep, got my money's worth out of the tag...and lots of stories to go with it.

BuzzH that’s what it’s all about my brother!
Congrats it’s sure is a beautiful Ram.
he had to make the record bookssdidn’t he?

Joe

You know, people put in for draws with very little chance (2% or less)...not the expo per se, but if a guy (who loves to hunt) puts in for 4 or 5 lotteries or other states, the theory says that he will get one every now and again. If it takes 50 here, 100 there, i figure that I will evetually get a 20k hunt I would never be able to afford. On about a 600 per year lottery ticket plan. Granted, some states I accumulate pts, but I have read many a story of the guy that just applies. Im just trying to be positive about raffles and accept slim odds! Good luck everyone.
Never bought a lotto ticket in my life either.
For me it’s worth a few dollars to maybe get lucky and get a great tag.
I buy lottery tickets when the jackpot gets close to a billion.

Just think how much money Utah's wildlife would've gotten if another organization other than SFW would have run the expo with total transparency and lower operating costs...

It's like a real estate agent selling your home..... and taking a 40% commission of the selling price, and Tristate insists its a good deal. Blaaaam.... If you ever need a Realtor Tri, give me a call...

Just think how much money Utah's wildlife would've gotten if another organization other than SFW would have run the expo with total transparency and lower operating costs...

It's like a real estate agent selling your home..... and taking a 40% commission of the selling price, and Tristate insists its a good deal. Blaaaam.... If you ever need a Realtor Tri, give me a call...
That's because the other organizations don't have successful people working for them...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom