Expo results are up

I Just Got a Call From Kristy!

She Wants to know If I Know where The Book Cliffs are?

And No!

I Don't FaceBook!

Hopefully you can help her get a good solid grasp, and a firm leg up on your unit. Probably a lil Mt Ops care package and a flatty in it for your good deed I’m sure. Books should have a banner season with all SFW does. It’s all about Sportsmen helping Sportsmen after all.

A good friend of mine that has gone with us to the last two expos drew the Kaiparowits West desert sheep tag. Epic sent him a congrats text before he ever checked. If the guides are texting you there is a chance you drew something special. He has been completely numb since he verified the results

A good friend of mine that has gone with us to the last two expos drew the Kaiparowits West desert sheep tag. Epic sent him a congrats text before he ever checked. If the guides are texting you there is a chance you drew something special. He has been completely numb since he verified the results
Very cool... I’m hopeful to get a text like that one day. I told my wife that I will probably cry the day I read “SUCCESSFUL” next to the words Desert Sheep. ?? Good luck to him.

Just a few years ago Kristy had a Dutton elk tag there is a you tube video of that. I have heard that some of the celebrity hunters I guess if they are big enough get access or tags from various states as a way to help promote tourism/hunting to those states. Has anyone heard of this. I heard Tim and Remi discussing it on a podcast at one point. They admit to taking advantage of those extra opportunities that are granted to them. I have wondered if the same thing comes into play here. I won a Manti muzzy tag a couple of years ago from the expo, so now I think it is less rigged lol. And somehow felt like I had a better chance to draw with my donation this year. A friend of mine did the numbers and this year 39% went to non-residents because of the no validation in person.

Just a few years ago Kristy had a Dutton elk tag there is a you tube video of that. I have heard that some of the celebrity hunters I guess if they are big enough get access or tags from various states as a way to help promote tourism/hunting to those states. Has anyone heard of this. I heard Tim and Remi discussing it on a podcast at one point. They admit to taking advantage of those extra opportunities that are granted to them. I have wondered if the same thing comes into play here. I won a Manti muzzy tag a couple of years ago from the expo, so now I think it is less rigged lol. And somehow felt like I had a better chance to draw with my donation this year. A friend of mine did the numbers and this year 39% went to non-residents because of the no validation in person.
Since 2007, Utah residents have drawn between 75%-90% (10%-25% NR's) of the tags, and with no validation directly at the expo it would make sense that the percentage of non-residents drawing this year would be higher. I would expect next year we would see about 75%-85% if Utah residents draw tags. I don't have 2008 results but the other years of Utah residents that drew are as follows:

1614372635044.png

Since 2007, Utah residents have drawn between 75%-90% (10%-25% NR's) of the tags, and with no validation directly at the expo it would make sense that the percentage of non-residents drawing this year would be higher. I would expect next year we would see about 75%-85% if Utah residents draw tags. I don't have 2008 results but the other years of Utah residents that drew are as follows:

View attachment 33994
2008----178----89%

I have personally flirted with attending the EXPO many times but the 10 hour drive coupled with the possibility of snowy road conditions over the pass and long draw odds made the decision pretty easy for me.

I bought one of the ticket packages this year since I already had a valid NR hunting license. Your welcome for the donation in the name of UT wildlife conservation but you can’t blame this NR for drawing any of the resident’s tags haha...

Horniac

I have been every year since 2010. We have a direct flight from Medford and I get enough Delta miles to get tickets for me and a couple buddies. They get the motel room, rental car and dinners. If they did away with the tags I would still travel to the show.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom