Expo time

BIGJOHNT

Long Time Member
Who's going to be there and on what days ? I will be on Saturday to go to the Full Curl Society meeting. Are we going to have a cold Mountain Dew someplace ? :)

One (Utah nonresident!) Lives in TARDville but also Sports another States Residency so He/She can Earn Points on all OIL Permits every year!

Regular nonresidents Earn Points on all of Our OIL Species/Permits that residents can only draw/earn points on only one species per year!

What’s the difference between a Utah nonresident and a nonresident?

The Utah Game wardens magazine had a story on this a couple years ago. Sounds like they have a task force that jut investigates this kind of thing. I had no idea it was that big of a deal. Or that it was going on. Some get busted after they draw a tag. But I have heard of others get in trouble for putting in as a non resident being a resident. So it works both ways sometimes. But I guess this is a story for another thread !

Ha ha your are so funny!!!! You are the poster boy for the Expo ! Do I need to post your picture on the cover of the SFW magazine ?
. I just opened a email for the Expo. Who pops up. The poster boy !

6403E6D8-3D84-4863-BD01-ABC4BB8A25CD.jpeg

One (Utah nonresident!) Lives in TARDville but also Sports another States Residency so He/She can Earn Points on all OIL Permits every year!

Regular nonresidents Earn Points on all of Our OIL Species/Permits that residents can only draw/earn points on only one species per year!

So if i have pts for everything as a NR and then i retire to UT as and become a R. Do i get to keep all my points for every species and use those in the draw?

So if i have pts for everything as a NR and then i retire to UT as and become a R. Do i get to keep all my points for every species and use those in the draw?

Yes you do get to bring them.... But you would only be able to apply for One limited entry and One OIL at a time. So really with point creep your OIL points would really not matter at that point

Yes you do ! That's why some residents are apply as a non resident. Then jump back in as a resident. But the DNR is watching for this. Also some non residents try to establish residence by rent here in Utah. Then when they draw the tag they want. They go back to there home state and give up the rental here.

Yes points come with you. I was in Montana for 10 years and when I moved back I had 13 elk, 13 moose and 10 of everything else. Don’t hate the player.........

Yes points come with you. I was in Montana for 10 years and when I moved back I had 13 elk, 13 moose and 10 of everything else. Don’t hate the player.........
But ....where you really living in Montana ? I didn't want to use you for example. Didn't want the fish cops to coming knocking on your door. :)

Ya. The year I moved back home I drew a sheep tag as a resident in Montana. I’d put in for all my states as a Montana resident and a Utah non-Rez. I drew the tag in may and moved back to Utah in June. I actually had a guy from Billings try to contact the game and fish to get my tag taken away.
I got ahead of him and called the director in Helena. He asked me some questions but really only wanted to know if I’d put in for more than one state as a resident.

After proving that I put in for all states as a NR except Montana including Utah and that in January 1 the next year I was going to apply as a NR in every state except Utah he told me to go kill a sheep. Just don’t put in as a resident in more than one state.

Imagine That Niller?

Did You Think The Trophy PISSCUTTERS of 2019 were gonna be Bigger than Previous Years?

It's FUBAR!

Expo was fine. Seemed a bit “light” on big animals compared to previous years. (Outside of the Mossback booth, of course.)

Oh, they were killed. They just weren’t at the expo. There are a couple of large contributors to the animal eye candy that have downsized or just don’t come anymore.

I do believe 2019 was a down year for giant elk across the state, however.

The muley crazy booth has an impressive buck on display there that was killed in Wyoming last fall if you like mass this deer has it all I really liked him BUT I wouldn't drop $ 23 grand on a chance to kill one like him or any other deer that's on display over there for that matter but they are cool to look at

Ya DAMN Well better Start believing yourself!

Oh, they were killed. They just weren’t at the expo. There are a couple of large contributors to the animal eye candy that have downsized or just don’t come anymore.

I wonder about that. The obvious folks that put out IG pics and do the show circuit aside.

I know of 1 390+ bull that has never been on social media.

I know of 1 North of 375 that hasn't either.

I wonder if there isn't a backlash of sorts against the IG crowd?

I realize 2 bulls aren't a trend, but when a 390 bull goes down for WLH, MOSSBACK, or any of the IG or YouTube's it's everywhere.

These bulls were real quiet. One from a unit, and a place on that unit that would flabergast you.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom