Extended Archery Buck

deerlevi

Not my deer and apologies if the hunter has a profile here. Don’t mean to steal any bodies thunder and will delete if needed.

Thought y’all on MM would want to see a buck from the heaviest hunted unit there is.

11122A01-7CB1-4F60-A30C-BC344FFF0CB6.jpeg

Giant buck. I am glad Connor put that buck down! He has a full time job and hunts his butt of every second he can on the front. Consistency paid off for him!

Wow! Glad those guys got along with each other. My guess is we'll hear more to this story soon.

WOW! Goes to show the type of bucks that can exist if we limit our killing effectiveness. Heavily hunted area and still produces giants!
If sportsmen would just give up a few of our advantages we’d see bucks like this killed in every unit.
Very cool, thanks for sharing. Congrats to the guy who got it done.

How exactly have we limited killing effectiveness on this unit? Last I checked it it is open to all weapon types during the appropriate season.

Yes, great buck.

That pic with the lights in background in a not 25 point unit says all it needs to about what a rare buck and hunt this was, for that buck to make it a few years with all that antler on its head. AMAZING.

WOW! Goes to show the type of bucks that can exist if we limit our killing effectiveness. Heavily hunted area and still produces giants!
If sportsmen would just give up a few of our advantages we’d see bucks like this killed in every unit.
Very cool, thanks for sharing. Congrats to the guy who got it done.
100% agree with this comment! There is nothing different about this unit than any others besides weapon type and look how many big bucks are here yearly. Even has much longer seasons than any other surrounding units!

I kinda thought so. So I’ll say it again! Why not.
Goes to show the type of bucks that can exist if we limit our killing effectiveness. Heavily hunted area and still produces giants!
From what I saw he shot @72 yrds. I don’t like bringing negativity to a great buck, which I’m sure was very difficult to kill especially on the front. However 72yrd archery shots are not something to hang your hat on. That’s some skill coupled with a **** load of luck, one half step and that buck is wounded and never recovered. That’s not bow hunting in my opinion ?‍♂️

From what I saw he shot @72 yrds. I don’t like bringing negativity to a great buck, which I’m sure was very difficult to kill especially on the front. However 72yrd archery shots are not something to hang your hat on. That’s some skill coupled with a **** load of luck, one half step and that buck is wounded and never recovered. That’s not bow hunting in my opinion ?‍♂️
You saw him take the shot or how’d you see he shot at 72 yards?

Well he shot it with a bow.... so that is bow hunting. The deer is dead so it must have hit it good. People practice and know what they are capable of with their archery equipment. Conner is one of those people that knows his bow and what he can do with it.

Sounds like you are a whine ass trying to push your idea of "ethics" on others. STFU

Congrats to Conner on getting it done. Luckily for that Buck Chesthair was busy on his Expo Late LE hunt or we’d probably be getting a solid dose of T-shirts, mousepads and coffee cups with that buck on it. #Chag4Wildlifeboard
Yes, congrats to Conner and the crew! It’s great to see a big buck without the Mossy Green Back logo smeared in the lower left corner. That’s gotta hurt their pride knowing this buck was kicking around across the valley from AI and bigger than any current buck on the Island to boot.

Anyone know if they were watching this buck for awhile, or did they just find it on their hunt. Hard to imagine a great buck like that unseen until they killed it. That’s the kind of buck dreams are made of. Would be VERY hard to let a good friend shot that buck if I found it and had a tag in my pocket.

Well he shot it with a bow.... so that is bow hunting. The deer is dead so it must have hit it good. People practice and know what they are capable of with their archery equipment. Conner is one of those people that knows his bow and what he can do with it.

Sounds like you are a whine ass trying to push your idea of "ethics" on others. STFU
?

Anyone know if they were watching this buck for awhile, or did they just find it on their hunt. Hard to imagine a great buck like that unseen until they killed it. That’s the kind of buck dreams are made of. Would be VERY hard to let a good friend shot that buck if I found it and had a tag in my pocket.
Martin posted pics of it in velvet today. Said like 12 miles from where they saw him last or something like that

Here ya go. I seen in other posts that a tin of people was after it.
Screenshot_20221119_210920.jpg
Screenshot_20221119_211002.jpg

I kinda thought so. So I’ll say it again! Why not.
Goes to show the type of bucks that can exist if we limit our killing effectiveness. Heavily hunted area and still produces giants!
If a few of those "advantages" are roads on every ridge and the bottom of every canyon and the non-stop parade of SxS hitting each of them all day, every day, I would agree. Bucks grow big when they aren't shot on the shoulder of the road as 2 pts.

It’s a huge buck, but they must be doing some special lenses or angles because he looks significantly bigger on the ground (especially width) than in the video of him on the hoof.
I actually thought the complete opposite, I thought he looked bigger on the hoof, I was thinking it’s because of the velvet, also when on the ground like that it’s easy to compare his horns to his head, where you can see his frame isn’t great

Great buck i listened to their podcast I don’t care if you say the F word but I bet the Casey guy says that 300 times. He’s excited I get it but you start to sound stupid at that point. But bottom line great deer and now the scoreboard is back at zero.

Great buck i listened to their podcast I don’t care if you say the F word but I bet the Casey guy says that 300 times. He’s excited I get it but you start to sound stupid at that point. But bottom line great deer and now the scoreboard is back at zero.
Which podcast is it?

#bro #flatty #mtnopps #hushn #keephammerin #hastag #blackrims #whiteoakleygascans
I'm really getting tired of clicking on Utah big buck photos, and immediately I get a link or an email with a MTnopps discount. I really wish these hunters would quit posting so many photos to social media of bucks killed on the Wasatch Front. It's the highest level of narcissism I can think of when you have 5 bros in the kill picture with all sorts of links to advertisements. A buck of that magnitude is a gift from nature and god then you cheapen it by trying to sell advertisements on Instagram. You Instagram-hunting heroes better stop sending me early-season scouting pictures from the Wasatch Front. Because one of these days I'm going to smash that 200-inch buck you guys have been bragging about.:ROFLMAO: lol!! I can legally shoot a buck, 5 days before the archery season starts, with my disability permit and crossbow permit.

Just listened to the podcast. I enjoyed listening to the guy who shot it, tell the story. The other guys were just drunk and patting them selfs on the back.

Ok great buck. I actually think Conner Rollins and Martin Chagnovich are great hunters. I just watched "the working bowhunter, podcast , the legend of Mowgil". Great story.(y) Let's cut the bulls*t boys, quit giving props/ discount codes on the podcast to hunters like @DevinLeonard and the @BlackOvis crew like they are some legendary hunters. Those guys have been trespassing and hunting around Park City area, private land without permission( iron mountain estates ) killing some nice bull elk over the years. Complete frauds. They play dumb and act like onxmaps doesn't exist. Just like Jason Carter the owner of epic outdoors, another narcissist, complete fraud.o_O(n) My buddy called epic outdoors awhile back, he's a wounded veteran that was shot and wounded in Vietnam. My friend told Jason, that he could use a crossbow and shoot from a vehicle. Jason Carter told him " word for word" I think that's an unfair advantage that a hunter can hunt from a vehicle and I can't Jason said. ( I think a wounded veteran has the right to hunt after almost sacrficing his life for the USA. ??Also, I called the Epic Outdoor member referral list. I talked to 2 hunters from Nevada and 2 hunters from Colorado. They both helped Jason Carter kill a huge mule deer buck and Jason Carter never returned the favor. Hashtag #@devinleonard, @jasoncarter, @ blackovis , # keephammerinem, no matter the cost :ROFLMAO:

I don’t think there is competition for hunting big animals anywhere like Utah. I’ve always looked up at those mountains driving through at thought there have got to be a few giants living across this range somewhere. Congratulations to the guys who hunted him. That should be the new photo for the 2023 Hunt Expo.

Hey hawk!

I've Said All My Life That Mountain Range Will Hold The Last Few Big Bucks in This State When all Other Big Bucks Everywhere Else are Decimated!

I don’t think there is competition for hunting big animals anywhere like Utah. I’ve always looked up at those mountains driving through at thought there have got to be a few giants living across this range somewhere. Congratulations to the guys who hunted him. That should be the new photo for the 2023 Hunt Expo.

And the fact there's 100,000+ acres of roadless wilderness makes it a little different than a lot of other units.
The majority of places that these big bucks are killed are within 2-3 miles of a road as the crow flys. Definitely a lot of general units are more heavily roaded than this one but not to the point that I would say that’s a major factor. Good point though

The majority of places that these big bucks are killed are within 2-3 miles of a road as the crow flys. Definitely a lot of general units are more heavily roaded than this one but not to the point that I would say that’s a major factor. Good point though
I don’t think there are any roads between big and little cottonwood canyon where this buck was taken….but easily accessible with a spotter from any city block below lol

I don’t think there are any roads between big and little cottonwood canyon where this buck was taken….but easily accessible with a spotter from any city block below lol
That’s the beauty of a few of the LDS church parking lots on the east bench, they’re great for spotting bucks on the face as well as low level street grade Marijuana slinging and learning to drive a stick shift. Some days you can get all 3 done at the same time if you plan accordingly.

That’s the beauty of a few of the LDS church parking lots on the east bench, they’re great for spotting bucks on the face as well as low level street grade Marijuana slinging and learning to drive a stick shift. Some days you can get all 3 done at the same time if you plan accordingly.

Haha. Don’t forget teaching your kids to ride a bike without training wheels——and taking pictures of your freshly washed car for your KSL.com listing.

What keeps these bucks alive is the lack of the rifle hunt and lots of vertical ft in the summer and the ###forsaken oak brush in the winter.

Last edited:
Haha. Don’t forget teaching your kids to ride a bike without training wheels——and taking pictures of your freshly washed car for your KSL.com listing.

What keeps these bucks alive is the lack of the rifle hunt and lots of vertical ft in the summer and the ###forsaken oak brush in the winter.
Mostly the lack of a rifle hunt. 70 yard effective range versus 500+.

70? There’s tons of dudes with 75-95 yard slider pins. Haha.
This is true, but just because they have them doesn't make it in there effective range. Whether they know it or not. Lol.

Not saying deer don't get killed just saying it's not as effective.

Utah hunts are great entertainment. mtmuley
The shadiest stuff I’ve ever seen done in the field was in Furgus, Custer, and Golden Counties in Montana. Every state has bad apples when it comes to hunting. No reason to virtue signal for the 100th time.

You should hear the crap the game warden who lived at Tongue River was up to. I hear he’s substitute teaching in Sheridan now after getting $hit-canned.

When I hired some guys in Billings a few years back from Miles City and Jordan——-if half the stories they told me were true it would make steam come out if your ears.

Point is you can’t place people all in one group based on geography, and you seem to get off on it all the time.

Blows my mind the amount of negative comments from you guys. Dude killed a great buck, like the picture and move on. No wonder no one wants to post pictures on this forum for you all to pick apart.
Really? I would say that 95 percent of all pictures shared don't receive any negative comments. The majority of pictures drawing negative comments are usually self created. If a person doesn't want to be put in a negative light, then don't do things to draw that type of attention and don't have a history of questionable tactics. These are the same guys that brought the R2 buck to fame. That whole situation with R2 sure turned into a train wreck. After following the R2 story, it was clear to me that these guys will do whatever it takes to kill the buck they are after. Congrats on killing a pretty cool looking buck.

The shadiest stuff I’ve ever seen done in the field was in Furgus, Custer, and Golden Counties in Montana. Every state has bad apples when it comes to hunting. No reason to virtue signal for the 100th time.

You should hear the crap the game warden who lived at Tongue River was up to. I hear he’s substitute teaching in Sheridan now after getting $hit-canned.

When I hired some guys in Billings a few years back from Miles City and Jordan——-if half the stories they told me were true it would make steam come out if your ears.

Point is you can’t place people all in one group based on geography, and you seem to get off on it all the time.
C'mon Baby. Really? Get off on it all the time? Have a nice Thanksgiving. mtmuley

Blows my mind the amount of negative comments from you guys. Dude killed a great buck, like the picture and move on. No wonder no one wants to post pictures on this forum for you all to pick apart.
Here's an analogy for you. I used to work in the pro bass fishing industry and I worked for a boat mechanic/ bass fishing tackle shop. Some of these bass fishermen had the expensive lifted pickup up trucks/fancy glitter bass boats. Most guys had big egos, and were quite selfish but they were quite clever. These pro bass anglers would win $150,000- $200,000 per tournament and fishing was quite competive just like hunting. A day before the big fishing tournament would start, they would send a young 15 year old kid into my tackle shop to buy all their fishing lures so no one knew what lures they used. These guys would catch world record bass and photoshop the background so no one knew where they caught the fish. I really wish Conner Rollins and Martin Chag would read this post, maybe they can learn a thing or two about being humble and discreet. It's not a great idea to post pictures of your lifted trucks, hunting logos and head up to the canyons where you hunt, That just attracts to much attention to the anti moose hunting crowd that like to harass hunters on the wasatch front. Kind of like the story of the R2 buck. Everyone knew where his truck wss parked. These guys could of washed out the backdrop of the city lights in some of their kill pics of Connor's Buck. But, no they just pissed off a bunch of locals that hunt there, and now they have attracted hunters from West Virginia, Texas, Tennessee, etc. I've never seen so many hunters with headlamps in the last week, as i have in the last 5 years on the Wasatch Front Benches. Thanks guys, what's next keep spot burning in Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada. I'm really glad you shot this once in lifetime buck, but stop pumping your chest, be a little more discreet, thinking your your the God of the hunting world when your not !!

This particular buck escaped several accomplished archers on the front. Though many tried to keep him a secret he spent opening weekend in a highly traveled basin and would dissappear by the end of opening weekend. On several occasions he was lucky to slip through several archers on opening day. He even slipped through our camp twice on the opener. Last year I spotted him under my favorite spot to sit...while I was glassingvfrom above. Hats off to the guys that harvested him this year...this is a total stud of a buck and I hope he spread his genetics the last few years!!

Really? I would say that 95 percent of all pictures shared don't receive any negative comments. The majority of pictures drawing negative comments are usually self created. If a person doesn't want to be put in a negative light, then don't do things to draw that type of attention and don't have a history of questionable tactics. These are the same guys that brought the R2 buck to fame. That whole situation with R2 sure turned into a train wreck. After following the R2 story, it was clear to me that these guys will do whatever it takes to kill the buck they are after. Congrats on killing a pretty cool looking buck.
The dude that killed R2 is shady as they come. He’s blown multiple deer out from other hunters. Then when confronted denies even knowing a deer was there.

The dude that killed R2 is shady as they come. He’s blown multiple deer out from other hunters. Then when confronted denies even knowing a deer was there.
It appears that the front is getting a reputation for attracting more and more cutthroat hunters every year. Sad what it's turning into.

Last edited:
This particular buck escaped several accomplished archers on the front. Though many tried to keep him a secret he spent opening weekend in a highly traveled basin and would dissappear by the end of opening weekend. On several occasions he was lucky to slip through several archers on opening day. He even slipped through our camp twice on the opener. Last year I spotted him under my favorite spot to sit...while I was glassingvfrom above. Hats off to the guys that harvested him this year...this is a total stud of a buck and I hope he spread his genetics the last few years!!
“He slipped through your camp twice on the opener”??
I’m trying to snap a picture of what that looks like?
Sounds like you should have killed him..

It appears that the front is getting a reputation for attracting more and more cutthroat hunters every year. Sad what it's turning into.
Honestly there are some spots that are worse than others. It used to be a ton of fun and a year like this year would. Due to all the moisture in the spring and summer and minus the clown show the WF has become on social media. We better get some water this year cause a ton of big deer died and it’s gonna really show if we hit another drought year.

“He slipped through your camp twice on the opener”??
I’m trying to snap a picture of what that looks like?
Sounds like you should have killed him..
Not really....never had the opportunity and didn't put in the prework before the season to pattern his behavior. He slipped through our camp, but were usually out of camp before first light. I was never in the right place at the right time. There were plenty of guys putting in the work before the season. A young guy missed a shot right by our camp....guess he got a little case of buck fever ?...who wouldn't

Ya I’m sure he evaded his share of 70-90 yrd bombs in his day!

But hey, he got sponsored by Hoyt, so that's all that matters, right?

I grew up hunting the front, and have continued to hunt the extended on and off. It's a way fun hunt but it amazes me the amount of shenanigans that happen on that hunt. Guys taking 100 yard shots at doe...... makes me laugh every time.

Last edited:
Hoyt always has been top shelf, as well as there prestigious ambassadors. I always wanted to get one of these “pure as the driven snow” baptismal edition Hoyts for my 8 year olds birthday, essentially an outside expression of an inward archery commitment and cut em loose in a east side culdesac once he’s gets a tag eventually. Bow hunting sucks ? ? ?

04CCD0DC-308C-43A7-A6B1-C782D13999D8.jpeg

But hey, he got sponsored by Hoyt, so that's all that matters, right?

I grew up hunting the front, and have continued to hunt the extended on and off. It's a way fun hunt but it amazes me the amount of shenanigans that happen on that hunt. Guys taking 100 yard shots at doe...... makes me laugh every time.
Anything to get that sponsorship. Without his Garmin site R2 would be alive. But hey when you’re a narcissist you’ll stop at nothing for some instafame. But yeah I still go out from time to time on the front. I just don’t care for all the skyline shots, gear tips, technology and fame these clowns are seeking.

Hoyt always has been top shelf, as well as there prestigious ambassadors. I always wanted to get one of these “pure as the driven snow” baptismal edition Hoyts for my 8 year olds birthday, essentially an outside expression of an inward archery commitment and cut em loose in a east side culdesac once he’s gets a tag eventually. Bow hunting sucks ? ? ?

View attachment 94971
Dudes probably on real housewives Herriman nowadays. That’s a level 10 narcissist right there. Glad he had a bunch of kids to keep him off the mountain. I’m sure lifelight and mtn ops is glad too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom