Extended Archery Manti

E

elksign

Just wondering how this hunt is going? I went down several times before the hunt opened and scouted around. I saw a lot of area that is private and I heard of some big trespass fees being charged by landowners. One guy I talked with wanted $1,500 to hunt his land. There is some decent DWR land to hunt but I'm sure that they will get pounded by everyone who can't aford the tresspass fees. It seems like there has got to be a lot of cold and snow to move them down. Has anyone heard of any straying down or are they still high?

Went up today saw 6 bulls with 30+ cows but they were all on that private section you talk about. It was posted tighter than heck! Dont understand why assuming this hunt was designed for Hunters like us to help Farmer/landowners to keep Elk from destroying their property, I did not see any Elk up high but Im sure they are up there since snow levels are low! Lets pray for snow so we can maybe have a better chance of sneakin in on ole mr. wapiti..........

It seems like it is turning out to be more of a money making event for the private property owners rather than a legitimate public hunt. Oh well, maybe a few of us will get lucky and catch them in the right place at the right time. I think that is what it is going to take is timing your hunt on the right day and hope they are there. Good Luck!

I love how those people down there used to whine and moan about all the elk eating there hay and destroying their fences. They cried about the DWR doing something about it. When the DWR finally did something they shut their land down so fast it makes your head spin. I doubt one of them is complaining about the elk now! Especially if they are getting any takers on those trespass fees. Sorry about venting, I just get really tired of it all sometimes. Good luck and have a great day.

Chad

The same thing is happening in the limited North Dakota elk hunt. The hunt is a once-in-a-lifetime resident only hunt. But the landowners in elk country pissed and moaned about the animals in their fields but they were stingy with letting people who were lucky enough to draw a tag onto their land. So to appease these landowners, the G&F grants them gratis tags every year, and now they have posted their land tighter than a belt on an anorexic. But do not worry, if the price is right, you too can hunt elk in a corn field in ND.

you folks have to remember where this hunt is,, Sanpete County,, aka Sanpeter county, "There's no peter like a Sanpeter",, I guess I can poke fun at em since my family originates from there..

Oh yeah,,, and god willing "may those elk raise hell on those private properties crops and fences"

That's right, no peter like a Sanpeter. If the trespass fees keep all the UT and Salt lake county trash out of Sanpete, we'll all be better off.

What are the exact boundries for the Manti Extended hunt??? Ive got some access to property down that way and am just curious??

Don't worry, I'm a transplant to Sanpete. I'm UT county trash at heart. The locals are finally starting to accept me. It took a few years to win their trust! But now, I'm in!!!

But everybody else still needs to stay 'up North'. :p

LMAO,,, it can be a "clicky" area,,, I'm jelous Sneak,,, one of these days maybe I'll get out of this damn city.....

Hopefully the landowners will make some money off this hunt and then they will stop complaining about the elk so the DWR doesn't have shoot anymore of them. I never understood why everyone complains about landowners not letting them on to hunt. The landowner is providing the habitat and feed for the animal. Charging a fee to hunt their property is better than having the ranches subdivided with houses and then STILL not have public access to hunt in people's backyards.

A small fee would be ok but $1500 GET REAL!!! Also the Landowners are the reason for this hunt. Money in Tresspass fees will keep them complaining so they can keep this hunt going, and eventually, Elk are going to double, triple and then the Landowner will start killing them himself.... just because he wants $1500 on a Tres. permit instead of that small fee. Im sure we can thank high fees to those who buy hunting rights, so they can bring in their high paying customers!

Just to let you know most of the landowners have sold their hunting rights to a private individual. He is the one charging high priced fees. He is getting big wigs from up north and guiding them on these farms. According to some of the locals in Spring City they are even feeding the elk to keep them on private property. Not much of a hunt if you ask me, almost like a fenced hunt. The whole point of this hunt was to keep the elk off of the highways and either way this individual has done that.I don't like it but the state probably won't say anything to stop him from making this a paid guided hunt only, because no elk have been seen on the highway. But just thought you would like to know. ALL of the land down here he has bought the hunting rights to. I am sorry if you paid for your 5 dollar tag, maybe you can use it for toilet paper. That is all it is good for.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom