Extended Archery

soupcreek

I didn't draw a tag in Utah this year. Are there any tags still available in the state that would allow me to hunt the extended archery units for deer?
Unless I am understanding the UDWR website wrong, the only remaining available tags are for Private Lands Antlerless Elk and OTC Bison. Am I understanding that correctly?
Thanks,
Soup

You are correct the only tags you can buy right now for big game are the OTC resident bison and anterless elk private land only.

When you know you didn't draw a tag don't wait for the general season archery hunt to end to want to buy a tag.

Unless something changed in the last couple years, you can buy a General Archery Elk permit and hunt any of the extended units. I believe you can buy that tag up until the last day of any of the extended hunts and only hunt that one day if you choose.

If anyone has seen if that has changed, I'd be interested to see where that is listed. The OTC gen arch elk is the only unlimited tag available in Utah anymore.

Cheers, Pete

There’s OTC spot and stalk lion tags available as well. And yes you can buy general archery elk tags for the extended still available

Unless something changed in the last couple years, you can buy a General Archery Elk permit and hunt any of the extended units. I believe you can buy that tag up until the last day of any of the extended hunts and only hunt that one day if you choose.

If anyone has seen if that has changed, I'd be interested to see where that is listed. The OTC gen arch elk is the only unlimited tag available in Utah anymore.

Cheers, Pete
Well the original post was asking about deer not elk hunting.

Well the original post was asking about deer not elk hunting.
I was referring to the second part of his question about the only tags being available, but I could have been more clear about that :)

I Coulda Shot a Lion Last Night!

BIG SOB!

You Know the Story:

Tail on one side of the Road & The Head on the Other Side of the Road!

A 2 Lane Road!

So I Know He was a 24 Footer!

Never Ever Been a Small Lion Seen!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom